360 pano of Swiss Mountain ski field

jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
edited January 11, 2009 in Landscapes
Hey everyone,

Was up at Flumserberg this morning to take my kid to ski school - took a pano while I was taking the smaller kid for a ride on the sled

I had to halve it in size as originally it's 20000X3000 pixels (or thereabouts) - to upload to smugmug I had to set the max width to 10000 "only"

Here's a taster but click on it to go and see the full size where I love how much detail you can see :)
452351660_5wRTP-M.jpg

Only one point I don't like is the overlap/incorrect stitch from CS3 where the building is with the people in front of it - think the photos to the left of it really should be at the far right side of the image but not sure how to force CS3 to put the photos where I tell it too.

oh yeah and that's "me" in it too :rofl

edit: I think I added one too many photos into the pano confusing CS3 - doing it again - hopefully without the anomally...

Cheers, Jase

Comments

• jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Attempt 2 - this time stitching 20 NEF (Nikon D80) photos - bit more overlap...

Think this turned out really well...

452429321_GPZVH-M-0.jpg

Click on the pic to go to the gallery and view Original size (reduced by 50% and still 13'000 X 1661 pixels) to see all the little skiiers :D

My kid is in there somewhere on the learners slope

Cheers, Jase
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    That's very neat, Jason! Looks like a lot of work! I do like the second one better, I think.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    That's very neat, Jason! Looks like a lot of work! I do like the second one better, I think.

thanks - actually it was pretty easy - once I worked out how to set the camera for panos - and luckily the lighting was pretty even all around - being near the top of the mountain helped :D

The 2nd one is 20 images which took a while to merge :)