City on Ice

PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited January 11, 2009 in Landscapes
I recently drove up to Bangor ME to visit a friend and take some pictures that I have had in mind for a while. So I got into town just before sunset, and drove across the Penobscot River to Brewer to shoot a downtown Bangor and the confluence of the Penobscot and the Kenduskeg Stream. Not sure I found "the spot" for this shot but I am pretty satisfied with the results. C&C wlecome Thanks for looking.
452560738_9ZxPZ-L-1.jpg
452560490_fBAZ7-L-1.jpg
452560448_BtKR6-L-1.jpg
452560946_wFKQQ-L-1.jpg

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Very nice series. I am going to see my brother in Maine next month, so I am scouring DGrin for tips and ideas on what to shoot. Thanks for sharing!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Very nice series. I am going to see my brother in Maine next month, so I am scouring DGrin for tips and ideas on what to shoot. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for looking. Depending on what area of Maine you are going to I would be glad to give what knowledge I have to offer. Currently I spend most of my time in Mid-Coast and Downeast Maine my website might give you some good Ideas(its on the watermark.) Cheers.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Thanks, Peter. I forgot--you're the one with the great kayaking images! I posted on a couple of yours recently, as I recall. My brother lives in Richmond, just north of Freeport, and he works in Brunswick. I'll be with him for part of the time and alone the rest of the time, with access to his pickup. I'm willing to drive, so I'd like to take in some of the coast while I'm there (although he has some great scenery in his area). I've been there before a couple times, but have never visited the mid-coast in winter. Any tips you have on where/how to shoot in Maine in winter would be very much appreciated! Feel free to send me a SM message or an email.

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Two words BRING LAYERS!:D It is quite cold up here this time of year I find that for extended time outdoors two to three layers of fleece with polypro underneath is a must! Gloves that have quick access for you fingers are also good, I can't express how painfull this series was to shoot because I frogot my gloves. Wool sox happyness is warm dry feet. Also Zipplock freezer bags for your cammera and lenses to keep them from building up condensation when you come in from the cold. If you are up to a couple hour drive up to my neck of the woods I could have some places for you to check out send me a PM for details. cheers.
  • SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    I think your images show the season very well. We don't have the snow "yet" that we had last winter, but its definitely winter. We just got back this evening from the Yacatan peninsula in Mexico and when we went by Getchell Bros it was 1 deg f. We live about 8 miles east on rt 9.
    RON