Opportunistic shot...

HuzbandHuzband Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited January 11, 2009 in People
Got this last Oct. while shooting at Daytona during Biketoberfest.

I know it's not pro quality, but I'd like your input just the same.

FWIW, I'm happy with the composition, & I like the story it invokes.

What I'd change? If I had editing software, I'd remove the blue trash can. tongue.gif

Contemplating Life.
452629889_gtn6G-XL.jpg

EXIF here.
http://huzband.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=452629889&ImageKey=gtn6G
"Most of us work from life as a starting point." Ken Rockwell

Canon 50D, 30D, various lenses
'08 BMW R12RT "Hammerhead"
'08 KLR 685 "Rover"
'03 Golden Retriever "Farley"

Comments

• rednblaccrednblacc Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    hey Huzband!!

I have to agree with you. I too like the scene and the story it tells. I also agree and say that the trash can across the way could come out as well as the light post sticking out above the trees. The blue railing on the left side of the photo can be cropped a bit as it is kinda distracting. The composition?? Hmmmm well I am no pro either but to me the picture is a bit flat. The sky is blown out but hey sometimes we cant do anything about that. It has colors that could be a little more vivid say you had some software to work with as you stated. Its a bit grainy also. What ISO where you shooting in? All in all you have a nice shot that could be worked with.

He looks like he's contemplating life.. nice title.

-Sabirah
    "Complaining only Lessens your enjoyment in Life"- Sabirah Numan 2008 :thumb
  • HuzbandHuzband Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    rednblacc wrote:
    hey Huzband!!

I have to agree with you. I too like the scene and the story it tells. I also agree and say that the trash can across the way could come out as well as the light post sticking out above the trees. The blue railing on the left side of the photo can be cropped a bit as it is kinda distracting. The composition?? Hmmmm well I am no pro either but to me the picture is a bit flat. The sky is blown out but hey sometimes we cant do anything about that. It has colors that could be a little more vivid say you had some software to work with as you stated. Its a bit grainy also. What ISO where you shooting in? All in all you have a nice shot that could be worked with.

He looks like he's contemplating life.. nice title.

-Sabirah
    I agree in so many ways.

The sky is probably blown out because the pic was taken at approx. 8:30 am., & I didn't know how to compensate for it. Pretty early for Oct. in Fl. Not making excuses though, I didn't, & still don't, really know what I was doing.

Thanks for pointing out the light post, I totally missed that.

Details like that are exactly why I posted this four month old shot.

I'll continue to post my new experiments, but I may ad some from my archives if I think I can learn from them as well.
    "Most of us work from life as a starting point." Ken Rockwell

Canon 50D, 30D, various lenses
    '08 BMW R12RT "Hammerhead"
    '08 KLR 685 "Rover"
    '03 Golden Retriever "Farley"