Options

anyway to offer free digital downloads?

xenonsupraxenonsupra Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited January 11, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'd like to be able to offer free digital downloads (1 megapixel) for certain galleries on my smugmug.

I would just unprotect the images but I'd prefer to allow for higher resolution viewing but not downloading.

Has anyone figured out a way to do this other than setting the price to a penny....

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    The X2 size of your images is about 1MP. You could upload high res originals (to allow for quality print ordering), enable up to the X2 size for viewing and then tell people how to save the X2 size to their computers if they want (view the X2 size and then right click save image). I would not recommend pricing digital downloads at 1 cent because that's a hassle for your viewers and Smugmug will lose money on that transaction (I'm surprised they don't have a minimum price already). You could probably also write some custom HTML/javascript that would give you a download button that would trigger a download of the X2 size.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question