Dante's View Pano

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited January 11, 2009 in Landscapes
Here is a pano that I took over the weekend- Like the way how the moonset has been captured.

453056025_3cqnm-XL.jpg

Cheers,

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    That's some sweet light! I've never seen a photo of this place before (that I can remember). I like the color of the reflection in the valley.

More impressive is that you updated your signature to 2009 already lol3.gif

I think this shot may work also with more foreground (zoomed out, so the rocks are along the entire bottom), "no" foreground (zoomed in, with just the valley as the foreground), or as-is with the lower left corner cropped or cloned. Of course, I wasn't there so maybe some of these aren't even possible. I'm generally in favor of keeping the foreground to show depth, but I think the scale of this scene is pretty evident even without it. Definitely looks like a great spot though.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    That's some sweet light! I've never seen a photo of this place before (that I can remember). I like the color of the reflection in the valley.

More impressive is that you updated your signature to 2009 already lol3.gif

I think this shot may work also with more foreground (zoomed out, so the rocks are along the entire bottom), "no" foreground (zoomed in, with just the valley as the foreground), or as-is with the lower left corner cropped or cloned. Of course, I wasn't there so maybe some of these aren't even possible. I'm generally in favor of keeping the foreground to show depth, but I think the scale of this scene is pretty evident even without it. Definitely looks like a great spot though.

Heh- the signature... yeah yeah yeah!. Although it is appearing too big in these panos. I guess I need to make another one that is smaller and more discrete.

I think my monitor is not calibrated as when I see this pano on my laptop screen it looks like the highlights are way blown. I have played with contrast a bit and it looks better now (the amended image is now posted here). This is my first time with panos- so trying to get a grip on the PP for these (as I shoot RAW- so the settings et al need to be constant across all frames).

Cheers,