Bay in Sausilito, CA

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 12, 2009 in Landscapes
I'm not sure which of these two versions of this shot I like better. This was just after a day of rain, when the storm started to clear.

#1 - B&W conversion with the light post in the comp

453107048_ErLM2-XL.jpg

#2 - Slightly desaturated without the light post:

453108110_aX3xt-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    I like both the B&W and the desaturation but I like the composition in #2 better. I don't like the light post blocking the city view in the distance. I also like the bird in the bottom left on #2.

Stephanie
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    The pole is a killer.

I like #2 better due to this.
    Randy
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    I like 2 better as well for the composition and I like the added contrast of the clouds.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    Perhaps if you got closer to the pole so that it actually frames the shot, it may add to the overall composition. But as it is, I'm not sure it does much for me.

I like the cleaner leading lines of the water's edge that leads to the blue building with the bird at the beginning and the desaturated colors seem to add something.

So I'm voting for no.2
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    I'd have to agree with everyone else that the pole is in the way - #2 is the better of the two.
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!