How Should the Story End?

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited January 12, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
After pulling together a photobooth SP for my daily photo project yesterday, this variation popped into my mind. Yes, I confess my mind is a dark and twisty place. :evil Regardless, which final frame completes the story best?
1. 453206794_ceGwA-XL.jpg ... 2.453209491_FpuCt-XL.jpg ... 3. 453208139_Lf9w2-XL.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! :thumb (And I apologize in advance for any nightmares.)

Comments

• Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    Wow. Uhm...take all three endings and put into one frame, unless you need a specific amount of frames... That's the way I first read it and loved it. Then realized there were three options and didn't like one more than that other.

That's my suggestion.
  • Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009

:cry
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    Wow. Uhm...take all three endings and put into one frame, unless you need a specific amount of frames... That's the way I first read it and loved it. Then realized there were three options and didn't like one more than that other.

That's my suggestion.

Wow, I didn't even see it that way! Now that I do, I'm really liking your suggestion. There's something a little creepier about it when viewed the way you say. Thank you for the idea! clap.gif
    Shootin1st wrote:

:cry

Thank you. Uh, sorry to make you cry? :D
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    i vote for #2
  • Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Wow, I didn't even see it that way! Now that I do, I'm really liking your suggestion. There's something a little creepier about it when viewed the way you say. Thank you for the idea! clap.gif
    Shootin1st wrote:

:cry[]/quote]

Thank you. Uh, sorry to make you cry? :D

You're alive!!! clap.gif
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    Well it's taken me three tries to answer. I went with #2. I liked the idea of combining with #3, but I'm sticking with #2. But, that may not be dark and twisted enough.
    edited January 11, 2009
    i vote for #2

Thanks, Gail. :D
    Shootin1st wrote:
    You're alive!!! clap.gif

lol3.gif
    LCD wrote:
    Well it's taken me three tries to answer. I went with #2. I liked the idea of combining with #3, but I'm sticking with #2. But, that may not be dark and twisted enough.

Thanks for chiming in! I love that you think #2 isn't dark and twisted enough on its own. :D
  • Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    I would say do my suggestion, but in this order: 1, 3, 2.

Can you do a mock up and see what that looks like?
  • LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    [

Thanks for chiming in! I love that you think #2 isn't dark and twisted enough on its own. :D[/quote]

Well, it does leave room for hope. And it IS dark enough for me. Laughing.gif.
    I applaud your creativity and execution - no pun, well maybe a little, intended. :D
  • RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    #2, cause #1 is a bit too blank... and #3 looks a bit more like gun bloodsplatter eek7.gif ... nice series ! thumb.gif
    edited January 11, 2009
    I would say do my suggestion, but in this order: 1, 3, 2.

Can you do a mock up and see what that looks like?
    I can. And me likey. mwink.gif

453347788_rbHQJ-L.jpg
    Raphy wrote:
    #2, cause #1 is a bit too blank... and #3 looks a bit more like gun bloodsplatter eek7.gif ... nice series ! thumb.gif
    Oh, I'll have to keep that in mind if ever I need gunsplatter. :giggle
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    I like #1 because it is an unknown ending... leaves it up to the viewer's mind.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    I saw the combination ending too, but not as a single frame. I thought you should put variations on rows 1-3, so that the story flows through all 12 pictures.

I can report that I didn't get any nightmares after seeing this :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Might I suggest having a frame with blood spatter then the frame of the evil carver. Very interesting idea.clap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • crmitchecrmitche Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    I'm kind of partial to #2. #1 just ends and doesn't lead me anywhere. #3 is the wrong kind of splatter and in the previous frames the the knife is behind her indicating it missed. #2 is like the final phone call from Hannibal Lechter in "The Silence of the Lambs" like it's saying this chapter is over but there will be more.

Cheers
    Craig
    http://craigm.smugmug.com/

"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do." Walt Disney
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    if you could reshoot or PS..then I would do #3 but then take the last shot in #2 and add the blood splotch on the wall ..and that would be the last frame.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited January 12, 2009
    Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! I might try two other variations for my own kicks based on the feedback. At any rate, it looks like I need to study bloodsplatters for more accurate future attempts. Or just rewatch Dexter. :D