DSS16 - Blargh. Just Blargh.

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited January 12, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Been a while since I've posted for feedback here, but that's usually because I'm too lazy to have more than one shot as an option. :deal

I was originally going to use this...

450253639_3ePdG-L.jpg

Then came up with a couple variations of this...

453263404_5KrGT-XL.jpg

Until someone I suggested all three variations together presented a better story...

453261913_8oK3F-L.jpg

And now I'm just stuck...

...and using an inordinate amount of ellipses...

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    But the ellipsis is THE single most valuable form of punctuation ... ever... :D
    Moving right along.

I think both the filmstrips are pretty neat - the three-fer is downright creepy, but very effective (is that your Poe streak coming out again?!). I think, ultimately, that's the version I prefer - the "surprise" at the end of it suddenly breaking the repetition is pretty way cool, actually :)

Are you EVER truly at a loss for a brilliant idea? I'm beginning to doubt it... clap.gifclap
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    Thanks, diva. :D The three-fer fascinates me, too. I only wish that was actually my idea. It was a brilliant suggestion by another Dgrinner. bowdown.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    I think my fav individual photo of the set is your "evil eye" at the end. It just cracks me up! Though I do like your tomatoes but feel bad for the one in the middle.

What I think you should enter: the last set with aaaall the photos.

(and I never knew "..." was called ellipses! I always called it "dot dot dot". The things I learn on this forum astound me again!)

Go get 'em!
    edited January 11, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Thanks, diva. :D The three-fer fascinates me, too. I only wish that was actually my idea. It was a brilliant suggestion by another Dgrinner. bowdown.gif

Oh I dunno, the Rotten Tomatoes are pretty brilliant too!
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    I think my fav individual photo of the set is your "evil eye" at the end. It just cracks me up! Though I do like your tomatoes but feel bad for the one in the middle.
    Hee! It gives me a giggle, too. I ended up using just that frame for my daily today :D:

453242959_uz36q-M.jpg
    divamum wrote:
    Oh I dunno, the Rotten Tomatoes are pretty brilliant too!
    You're too sweet for your own good. iloveyou.gif
    edited January 11, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    You're too sweet for your own good. iloveyou.gif

Nah, I just share your warped sense of humour. I still want to see that reshot with the shadow of the celery STALKer over them.... :D
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    I thought the tomato shot was really funny. It definitely made me laugh. The other one is probably more powerful though.

Sherry
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    These are great, wonderfully creative! I can't decide between #1 and #3.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 11, 2009
    Kerry...one could interpret these as being paranoia....but then...I see them as being brilliant!:D

They both can evoke an emotion...which is great. Both on a different level. The tomatos being an easier emotion for me than the knife in the back which hurts just to look at it (that is ment for a compliment...very moving)!

I have a hard time to choosing between 1 and 3 also...with 3 having a stronger emotion for me.
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    I think if #2 had a blood splater frame (second to the last frame) it would work better. I'd have to go with #1.
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Laughing.gif that last one reminds me of a movie by Alfred Hitchcock..PSYCHO.

Love the Tomatoes...Don't you ever feel like that tomatoe....surrounded by people, and never knowing who your friends are??
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote