Promo Shot

Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited January 12, 2009 in People
Hi, it's been a while since I've posted here. My friend is starting up his own DJ company and asked if I could take some promotional shots for his website. This one stuck out to him and although it isn't one of my favorites, I do like it. I was wondering what you guys think. Thanks!

453149031_SC3Lf-XL.jpg
Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
http://slinky0390.smugmug.com

Comments

• clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    IMO, I'd like to see the headphones in focus.
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    i would love to see more focus on the headphones indeed. And i don´t like the way they chop of his head. Sounds like it is all bad but its not! The background is neat and so is the pp.

If you can redo it, maby put on a wide angle lens and shoot the phones in frot of him..Go for a small /f so he is not blurred. Ohh god, such a bad explanation but eek7.gif

/Arvid
  • Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Arvan wrote:
    i would love to see more focus on the headphones indeed. And i don´t like the way they chop of his head. Sounds like it is all bad but its not! The background is neat and so is the pp.

If you can redo it, maby put on a wide angle lens and shoot the phones in frot of him..Go for a small /f so he is not blurred. Ohh god, such a bad explanation but eek7.gif

/Arvid

This is exactly what I wanted, I'm an architecture student so I'm used to constructive criticism, or at least the critics think its constructive rolleyes1.gif. I also do not like how the headphones cut his head in two. And I did shoot some with my 17-40 but he wanted to fill most of the frame, and when I shot at the lower end of the lens and got in tight, it was distorting his face, the nose especially, so I threw on my 50mm for the rest. I'll defiantly try to get out and revise the shoot once it isn't 10 degrees out.
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com