She danced...on Sunday.

inthedeckinthedeck Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited January 13, 2009 in People
I haven't quite finished this set...but, started two of them last night...once I got home from the shoot. A professional dancer (choreographer) who wanted some shots to incorporate her dance moves into modelling. If they don't fit here, please move as seen fit. Thanks, Manish.

1)
3189356137_6d4b3dbb44_o.jpg

2)
3190655044_183b42c3ba_o.jpg
My Page.
My Name: Manish.

Comments

• i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    I'm fairly sure these could have just been posted in the regular people forum - no nudity in these (unless you're planning on adding more.)

I really love the second one - it's got a great pose, great depth, and spot-on lighting. Lovely. However, why the 2 shirts? Cold studio :D? #1 is, to me, a little more artistic, but there's a little too much detail (for me) lost in the dress and arm - it's almost like it's floating. Still dang good though - that location is killer!
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • inthedeckinthedeck Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    I'm fairly sure these could have just been posted in the regular people forum - no nudity in these (unless you're planning on adding more.)

I really love the second one - it's got a great pose, great depth, and spot-on lighting. Lovely. However, why the 2 shirts? Cold studio :D? #1 is, to me, a little more artistic, but there's a little too much detail (for me) lost in the dress and arm - it's almost like it's floating. Still dang good though - that location is killer!

I thought they might fit better there...alas, they ended up here. I'll learn my way around, soon enough! Thanks for pointing it out.

It was about 45 degrees out, with a stiff wind. Even the parking garage we were in didn't really block much of it, if any...but, at least my lights weren't blowing all over the place, in the second shot (first location).

Then, we moved outside, and it was even colder, and was rainy, once she changed into the black outfit. So, I found another spot (which I knew of), and we moved there. By that time the wind had 'really' picked up, to the point where I had to tie the lightstand to one of the rails, just to keep it from going south, about 4 floors! eek7.gif I wanted to set up my second light, which would have provided the needed fill, to bring out the rest of the details, but, had no way to tie that one down...and a bare flash would have looked a little off. So, I just used a single light. Though, in post, I just barely touched the blacks...which may have pushed it over the edge.

I appreciate your time to comment...as I learn through mistakes. thumb.gif
    Cheers,
    Manish.
    My Page.
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    I really love theses Manish~
    Because They involve capturing an art from, with another~
    totally cool!

caveat: photo ones background could be less distracting...don't like all the angles & iron in there~

cheers, tom
    tom wise
    edited January 13, 2009
    angevin1 wrote:
    I really love theses Manish~
    Because They involve capturing an art from, with another~
    totally cool!

caveat: photo ones background could be less distracting...don't like all the angles & iron in there~

cheers, tom

Thanks Tom. It started to rain, while we were here...
    454020150_yCWxK-L.jpg

So, we moved to the location above. Here's one more from up there, and there's a color one of the one below, in her gallery on my page.
    454020167_wprAY-L.jpg

Appreciate the comments. thumb.gif
    Cheers,
    Manish.
    My Page.
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Oh the last one is definitely my favorite! clap.gif
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
    edited January 13, 2009
    Oh the last one is definitely my favorite! clap.gif

Thanks, I appreciate the comments. Glad you liked it, as much as I did. Though, I still can't figure out if I like the color one, or this one, better. It's in her gallery, on my page...if you'd like to check it out.

Cheers,
    Manish.
    My Page.