Options

Needed- 512mb or smaller CF cards

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited January 27, 2009 in The Kitchen Sink
Edit: I recieved a couple cards from two very generous Dgrinners. Thanks guys!!!:D

A friend has a motion activated game camera that he is having trouble finding a CF card for. It's manual states that it will only accept up to 512mb. If anyone has an old 128mb, 256mb, or 512mb CF card they no longer need please let me know. Two cards would be perfect....he could remove a card to examine the photos and replace it with a fresh one on each visit.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    A friend has a motion activated game camera that he is having trouble finding a CF card for. It's manual states that it will only accept up to 512mb. If anyone has an old 128mb, 256mb, or 512mb CF card they no longer need please let me know. Two cards would be perfect....he could remove a card to examine the photos and replace it with a fresh one on each visit.

Thanks

Jeff - I MAY have one, but let me check (it's not in front of me and I'm not 100% sure of hte bytage)- if it's under 512, I'm happy to send it to you. If you don't hear from me in the next day or so, shoot me a PM to remind me!
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Dang. Until last week I had a 256MB laying around here but I finally threw it away thinking "when will I ever use this again?" :( Sorry!
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

Thanks
    I have at least a 128MB and probably a 256MB in my office at work that aren't being used.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    I have one and would be happy to send it. PM me you address and I will send it off.

You have contributed so much to Dgrin, its the least I can do!

Z

It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2009
    Thanks Z,

By the way folks....I have already recieved one 64Mb card from Divamum....so this will be the second card I was looking for. That should fix my friend up just fine.

I appreciate this more than you know!
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    I just got back from a business trip and went scrounging through the old cards file and found the following:

459182775_FbJm4-M.jpg

Its off in the mail tomorrow! Its always fun to help a fellow Dgrinner!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2009
    Zanotti wrote:
    I just got back from a business trip and went scrounging through the old cards file and found the following:

Its off in the mail tomorrow! Its always fun to help a fellow Dgrinner!

Z

I REALLY appreciate this Z. The next challenge will be getting up to his place....and out in the woods to help him get it operating....and then show hime how to change the cards and upload the contents to a computer. I can promise though, that you couldn't be sending it to a nicer guy.
  • Options
    moggi1964moggi1964 Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    You know, if there are more cards available you might want to take them as finding them is only going to get more difficult over time and they do fail eventually.

It won't be long before someone says "Anyone got something sub-8GB lying around, my 'old' DSLR won't take anything bigger".

:)

I have a 32MB Canon card; a 64MB Maxell and a 128MB Lexar if you would like them.
    Morris

Olympus E420 with 14-42 and 50-200SWD.
  • Options
    JasonMorrowPhotoJasonMorrowPhoto Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    I have some I can Donate. Let me know if you still need some and where to ship.