Options

Windows 7 Beta

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited January 18, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
Just finished installing Windows 7 on my laptop, just gotta say... AMAZING! can't wait till RC1 comes out in August, 2009.

Now, time to see if CS3, CS4, and Office 2007 will install! If anyone wants to see some screen shots let me know and I'll post some.
Jer

Comments

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Just finished installing Windows 7 on my laptop, just gotta say... AMAZING! can't wait till RC1 comes out in August, 2009.

Now, time to see if CS3, CS4, and Office 2007 will install! If anyone wants to see some screen shots let me know and I'll post some.

I've been using it for a few weeks on my Macbook Air (as the only OS) and it's excellent so far.

Where do you get that August 2009 date? I have a feeling it will be retail by then, far ahead of MS's public timeline.
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    I've been using it for a few weeks on my Macbook Air (as the only OS) and it's excellent so far.

Where do you get that August 2009 date? I have a feeling it will be retail by then, far ahead of MS's public timeline.

Well the free trial ends August 1st, 2009. So, I'm assuming it will come out around there...
    Jer
  • Options
    moggi1964moggi1964 Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    My guess would be an RC1 by May and full release to OEM in tme for Christmas 2009. Being as this is a pseudo upgrade to Vistsa IMHO a lot of the work has already been done in respect of compatibility issues and the like.

So far, I like it. thumb.gif
    Morris

Olympus E420 with 14-42 and 50-200SWD.
  • Options
    drakedrake Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    I call this operating system the finished version of Vista!
    Personal Site: onlinedrake.com
    SmugMug : My Photos
    Photo Migration (Firefox) : smugglr.net
    Online Drake Store

• Options
    edited January 17, 2009
    drake wrote:
    I call this operating system the finished version of Vista!
    15524779-Ti.gif although Vista isn't THAT bad. I've only found a few minor errors with it. Nothing that bothers what I need to do.

I dont feel like installing a Beta over my vista installation, so I'll wait till the stable version comes out, even though they claim windows 7 is perfectly stable.
    Jer
  • Options
    moggi1964moggi1964 Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    What about using Vista to partition your boot drive (say 50gb to allow for some software to load and play with) and installing as dual boot? It's what I did and it worked a treat.

I am testing CS4 and Lightroom on 7 at the moment; so far so good.
    Morris

Olympus E420 with 14-42 and 50-200SWD.
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2009
    moggi1964 wrote:
    What about using Vista to partition your boot drive (say 50gb to allow for some software to load and play with) and installing as dual boot? It's what I did and it worked a treat.

I am testing CS4 and Lightroom on 7 at the moment; so far so good.

I was considering doing that... but I'm gonna hold off till I buy another hard drive. The one I have isn't doing to good, if I shrunk the partition I would only get about 20GB for the second partition, and I want a little more than that.
    Jer
  • Options
    drakedrake Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    I have xp and vista 64 bit. I prefer xp but the vista 64 bit has been running smooth since day 1. clap.gif
    Personal Site: onlinedrake.com
    SmugMug : My Photos
    Photo Migration (Firefox) : smugglr.net
    Online Drake Store