dfetterodfettero Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited January 30, 2009 in Sports
107389319.jpg

108093769.jpg

108094949.jpg

Comments

• tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    first post and no replies? D3 and ISO 6400 is great ain't it? My suggestion is to watch your horizons, crop to make them level...
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Hello and welcome!
    Miracles of high ISO asside, here are my thoughts:
    shot 1: nice and sharp, but ultimately the subject just isn't interesting. Great for her parents but to other viewers there isn't anything compelling about it. A tad over-saturated.

shot 2: Very good timing. But sharpness isn't there. And, it demonstrates why I don't think wide works well in HS - the horrible backgrounds. College and pros it can work well with throngs of fans but the walls and horrible lights in HS gyms are very distracting.

shot 3: again oversaturated with no player really sharp although it looks like a lot of PP sharpening was added. Again, not much compelling - potentially some good action in the background but the key player that would have a compelling expression is blocked from view.

Don't get discouraged though. Basketball isn't as easy as it looks. It takes more than an expensive camera - it takes practice. You're off to a pretty good start. I think a few tweaks to get rid of the over-saturation and then it's a matter of better shot selection. The WA is up to you, but I just don't think it works well in HS. In short order you should be getting some great shots.