More Moon Shots

jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
edited January 14, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
We've had a number of captures of the full moon in the last few days. Here's a few more. These are just single shots, no HDR, so the moon itself is blown out. But I thought the clouds and the lunar halo was more interesting last night that the moon itself. Each of these was captured with a D300 and a Nikon 105mm VR.

There's a bit too much noise for my tastes in the last two. I think I like the first one best.

454240654_dRRrx-L.jpg

454240580_mvvWJ-L.jpg

454240441_UAi9j-L.jpg
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    I think I like the last one the best. You are right, the clouds and halo are interesting. I would expect a bat to fly by. The Abyss would make a good title.
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    I think I like the last one the best. You are right, the clouds and halo are interesting. I would expect a bat to fly by. The Abyss would make a good title.

Thanks. The Abyss. That's good. I was trying to think of a title that could highlight the visual impression of a "hole" you get in the clouds. Cool.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    We've had a number of captures of the full moon in the last few days. Here's a few more. These are just single shots, no HDR, so the moon itself is blown out. But I thought the clouds and the lunar halo was more interesting last night that the moon itself. Each of these was captured with a D300 and a Nikon 105mm VR.

There's a bit too much noise for my tastes in the last two. I think I like the first one best.

Hi Jeff the cloud formations are really cool in all three shots clap.gif
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    Jeff they are really nice! I tried to shoot the moon many times and it took me a long time to figure out how to get both the clouds and moon exposed correctly. I found using a really quick shutter speed and just adjusting the EV I was able to get both of them in really well!