Just gotta' share my happiness!

waygard33waygard33 Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
edited January 13, 2009 in Sports
This is a series of photos I took of my son this weekend. I shot them with a Canon XSi and 50mm 1.8 lens. I was shooting at ISO 1600 and 1/320 shutter speed. This was as fast as I could get as I was already a little on the dark side.

Anyway, the whole reason I bought the XSi was because I hated not being able to take decent shots of my boys with my point and shoot. I am so happy that I finally have some decent shots to look at and remember! :barb

They're nothing like the great shots I see in here but man, what an improvement for me. Thanks for taking a look...I just had to share!

454307002_RPPxX-L.jpg

454307113_DcUgD-L.jpg

454307265_Asej7-L.jpg

454307449_ySsEm-L.jpg

454307680_aepgz-L.jpg

454303889_U9pJL-L.jpg

Wayne G in Oregon

Comments

• MDalbyMDalby Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Wayne,

Congrats. You are now hooked into photography.
    Nikon D4, 400 2.8 AF-I, 70-200mm 2.8 VR II, 24-70 2.8
    CBS Sports MaxPreps Shooter
    http://DalbyPhoto.com
  • ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    waygard33 wrote:
    This is a series of photos I took of my son this weekend. I shot them with a Canon XSi and 50mm 1.8 lens. I was shooting at ISO 1600 and 1/320 shutter speed. This was as fast as I could get as I was already a little on the dark side.

Anyway, the whole reason I bought the XSi was because I hated not being able to take decent shots of my boys with my point and shoot. I am so happy that I finally have some decent shots to look at and remember! wings.gif

They're nothing like the great shots I see in here but man, what an improvement for me. Thanks for taking a look...I just had to share!

Wayne G in Oregon

Nice pictures. and if you're lucky, your boys will now say more than 3 words to you all day, you might get five... "did you get that dad?"
    hehe.
    have fun!
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    You have some great action - crop in tighter on them is my tip.

And welcome, to the very slippery slope of sports (gear buying) shooting! mwink.gif
  • waygard33waygard33 Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Thanks
    MDalby, ASkip, Ann,

Thanks for looking and commenting. I appreciate you taking the time!

ASkip - Too funny. You're on the money there...rolleyes1.gif

Ann - Good advice. I'll crop tighter. That's a whole other mountain...Photoshop (Elements) for me.

Wayne G