Would Love to hear some feedback

presov3presov3 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 15, 2009 in Landscapes
I am a new photographer and I was hoping to get some feedback on some of my shots. thank you here is one.

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Welcome to DGrin! The image is a bit small. Can't you link in a bigger image so we can evaluate it better? Thanks!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • BrendanBrendan Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    From a technical standpoint, the exposure seems fine, though due to the harsh light, the photograph is a bit flat (lacks contrast). The composition is not too bad -- using the idea of framing the mountains with the threes is a good idea. Ultimately, it doesn't have a huge wow! factor, but it is a nice enough photograph.

—Brendan
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    Good idea using the trees for framing and you split the frame pretty well without including too much sky. As previously mentioned the mountain lacks contrast which would help a lot. From what I can tell it looks like you had pretty angular lighting and there is some good shadow but you need to kick up the contrast to bring it out.

As mentioned, it's a nice photograph and you've incorporated some good techniques but it lacks WOW factor.

As always, consider the source of the feedback ne_nau.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    great composition in this photo. I might consider doing a gradient type effect to give the mountain a little more contrast and lightening up the foregound (trees) to give a better sense of depth. unfortunately the sun on the mountain was a little harsh.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 15, 2009
    small
    you could consider using a UV filter or maybe a polarizer. that kind of thing are great do push the contrasts in that kind of shot.

ok... so ... yes the framing (trees "holding" the moutain) is good, except that it is "cut" on the bottom... a little bit sad maybe.

for me the main issue is that... everything looks small make it bigger --> use wider lens!! we don't see the mass of the mountain, it looks like it is taken through a small hole (yes I know i'm not very clear).