2-
454464771_myrvT-M.jpg

Comments

• ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    No Sumgmug strap?

headscratch.gif

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Very nice posing Jeff. :)
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Ok, it feels downright odd to comment on your SPs of all people, Jeff - you're the one who usually tells the rest of us how it's done!!!

They're really nice - good to see some outdoor portraits too (the rest of us are cooped up inside in the cold right now!)

Of these I prefer #2. Much better light in the eyes, IMO, and the just-visible knee-up is a good pose. I wonder how it would look cropped to portrait (thus losing the vine to the left and throwing more attention onto yer mug)? -

Not so sure about #1... dunno - WE all know you're the nicest guy around, but that intense an expression without much smile is kind of intimidating!!! Good for the "rugged, intrepid photographer" look, but might scare off seniors... eek7.gifD:giggle

thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    I like that second one. You look more relaxed. :)

At first I didn't realize it was your leg that you had your elbow resting on. I was wondering what it would look like with either more of your leg showing or having it completely cropped out?

I like the outdoor setting too. Nice :) I'd have to be all bundled up in my winter wear to do an outdoor portrait right now.

-- Lisa P.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Nice shots, Jeff. The second one looks like it should be an ad for photo gear!

Caroline
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    but might scare off seniors... eek7.gifD:giggle

thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb
    Ha!Ha! I pictured elderly people frantically pumping their walkers as they run away..
    rolleyes1.gif

Though... I do tend to agree with the Diva about the first- your expression is just a bit intense. I wish your chin was raised a smidge in both so you could show of your rugged jawline. rolleyes1.gifNice job with the masculine tilt and your warm colors. You are a nice looking fellow!
    edited January 13, 2009
    You are a nice looking fellow!

Well, I think I'd pretty much assumed that must be the case having seen pictures of the rest of the family... :D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    I'm secure enough to agree with this!
    You are a nice looking fellow!
    But I do have to take exception to this:
    divamum wrote:
    WE all know you're the nicest guy around...
    I'm the nicest guy around and by this weekend, I'll have some SPs to prove it ... so there!!!

As to the SPs .... Jeff, I have to agree with the ladies. The first one is a might too intense. The second is much more open an expression and the pose is actually a bit more inviting and does a wonderful job as a portrait of a professional "doing his thing."
    edited January 13, 2009
    I'm the nicest guy around and by this weekend, I'll have some SPs to prove it ... so there!!!"

YES!! Self portraits one and all!!!

Anyway, I'll grant I phrased it badly - how about, "ONE of the nicest guys around". We all know that you're both adorable :D:D (come on, Heather, help me out here!!!!) :giggle
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    divamum wrote:

Anyway, I'll grant I phrased it badly - how about, "ONE of the nicest guys around". We all know that you're both adorable :D:D (come on, Heather, help me out here!!!!) :giggle

I'll agree on this! Not only nice, but so talented.

Caroline
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    save #1 for when you are on the back cover of some magazine endorsing a Canon 5D3 or 60D...

#2 for your advertising....
    Aaron Nelson
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    divamum wrote:

(don't take this wrong, divamum) :dgrin You bet I agree!

I think ALL should have SP's on here... though most already have at one time or another. It is always fun to have further glimpses into the lives of those which we chit chat with daily.

But it tis' the season for Self Portraits, Fa la la la laaa... la la laaaa laaaa!

(Scott your post cracked me up. Go get yourself some Kleenex and then grab your camera and get busy.)
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    (Scott your post cracked me up. Go get yourself some Kleenex and then grab your camera and get busy.)
    Good - that was my intent but you never know how it'll come across.

The SPs are coming - I promise!
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    I like number 2. In number one, I don't see it as intense but I see mischief in the eyes and a smile that is hard to contain :)
    I thought your children looked just like your wife but now I see they look a lot like their dad too!
    Jaye
    edited January 14, 2009
    (don't take this wrong, divamum) :dgrin You bet I agree!

Now EVERYBODY'S cracking me up (yes, Scott, you did make me laugh, don't worry - everything taken in the spirit it was meant!!). This thread is just making me smile!

Scott, we're going to hold you to your promise - new sp's at the weekend nod.gif
  • mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    save #1 for when you are on the back cover of some magazine endorsing a Canon 5D3 or 60D...

Or if you write a book and want that mysterious author that's holding a camera look:D
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    Like'em both Jeff....#2 especially. thumb.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    I'll agree on this! Not only nice, but so talented.

Caroline

+1 thumb.gif:D
  • jeffsanjuanjeffsanjuan Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    #2, my friend.
    ..:: cut from a different cloth ::..

..:: 5ive Star Studios ::..

40D Gripped | 40D back-up | 580ex II | 580ex II back-up | 24-70mm 2.8L | 70-200mm 2.8L IS | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 50mm f/1.4
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    Oh crap....now see what you've started rolleyes1.gifLove the 2nd Jeff....is an inviting pro level look....nice job. It's 30 below outside so.....hmm...to the studio..geez.:D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    #2, What a hottie. Hahahaha.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    I haven't been back since I posted this......sheesh you guys are all MOSTLY crazy....but fun....

These SP's were done at the same time that I did the shot I used for the avatar. I don't LIKE any of them really.....and #1 I like less than the rest. It is certainly the WRONG end of the camera for me to be on!