In Maui

mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
edited January 15, 2009 in Landscapes
I don't normally do landscapes but I captured this last May in Maui, in Lahaina. Really looking for across the board C&C. I was very deliberate about a few compositional aspects to the shot and wondering how I did. Thanks.

298162503_rscdf-M-1.jpg
Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
A former sports shooter
Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    Hi Bill,

I really like how the straight line of the wall leads right to the palm trees that are leaning the other way. The whole thing makes for a very unique angular composition thumb.gif
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    Hmmm, I was thinking differently than Schmoo....

My thought was I would have tried to be on the other side of that wall, to see if there was more of a curve that could be achieved.

With Schmoo's feedback in mind, if you are going for an angular look, then perhaps a crop that ends at the top end of the wall would drive that point home more effectively?ne_nau.gif

It is a lovely scene, and I wish I were there now instead of here, that's for sure!

ann
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Bill,

I really like how the straight line of the wall leads right to the palm trees that are leaning the other way. The whole thing makes for a very unique angular composition thumb.gif

Yeah, I think schmoo is most right. But there's something about the composition that has me wondering. Maybe it's the tight crop. Maybe it's the fact that it doesn't respect the rule of thirds. Don't know what it is. Maybe a little wider perspective. It's good, but there something more that could be done. . . .
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers