What a difference a couple of months make

PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited January 17, 2009 in Landscapes
With the exteam chances we go though from season to season hear in Maine I like to visit certain places to see the changes from season to season. The first shot was taken this fall at the retaining dam for Pitcher Pond, and I recently returned after a snow storm. C&C welcome thanks for looking.
406797137_btJka-L-3.jpg
454316090_cJymh-L.jpg
454316446_QituB-L.jpg
454315731_S7rSS-L.jpg
454315405_sxVLy-L.jpg

Comments

• kangamanguskangamangus Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    I like the seasonal series!
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    Very nice! The Fall picture is beautiful, but Winter also has a beauty all ot it's own.

Thanks for sharing these, Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    Yippee!!! Winter in Maine, with snow!! I'm going up to visit my brother next month (Richmond ME) and I can't wait. I've been itchin' to take some winter pics, and you've inspired me. These are lovely--but it's hard to beat that fall shot. Nice captures.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    #1 is the best of the series! thumb.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    Thanks for the comments I like #1 the best also, a word of caution about shooting around water in the winter. The day I took the winter shots I also strapped on my snowshoes to hike out the cove to the rest of the lake and I got this shot...
    454316385_jTe9C-L.jpg
    Knowing that there is moving water I stayed far away from the dam and near to the shore as I rounded this cove. When I got the the passage to the larger portion of the the lake I found soft ice so I cut across a point and found that patch of oper water. When I took this shot I originally thought I was still on land... then I noticed that when I moved ripples came out from the side of the ice. Be careful when you head out onto the ice most lake have moving water in places that will result in thin ice.
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    #1 is pretty cool. #3 is almost #1 two months later, but the camera is pointed down more...which prevents us from seeing what happened to the trees in the background. Might have made the contrast between those shots more dramatic.

Glad you didn't fall through!