Sunrise in the PNW

FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited January 17, 2009 in Landscapes
I love my new DSLR. If only I was good enough to know the capbilities.

453783182_ocS3v-XL.jpg

Comments

• FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    I like the colors very much, but it looks like the focus is off a bit. Where were these taken?
    I see that you are also shooting with an A-700. I like mine very much!! Best camera I have ever owned!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • BrendanBrendan Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    The colors are nice, and the scene is great. However, it looks like you used a wide aperture (f/2.8) at 1/30s and 75mm (at least on the last photograph). This makes a couple things happen:
    * wide aperture --> less depth of field --> less in focus
    * 1/30s at 75mm --> camera shake --> less sharp

You might consider using a tripod and smaller aperture to get more of the photograph in focus. It's a great location and is definitely worth a second trip. Keep at it!

—Brendan
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    I love these scenes! I agree, a bit out of focus but it's still a beautiful vista. I think I prefer the second one because it has the best contrast and color. Hope you can enlighten us about how you got this shot thumb.gif
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    That is a great perspective of Rainier! I need to buy my own helicopter with built-in auto-pilot so I can do some of these aerials (and I wouldn't have to worry about the mountain passes being closed!).