Oldest son

SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
edited May 20, 2005 in People
I like it...lots of sun! I think I should have had him more left on the frame?:dunno
Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams

Comments

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    Okay,
    So it's not following the rule of thirds but the lighting is excellent, the colors are vibratant and I love the background and foreground atmosphere. I think you did a wonderful job. It can't be 100 percent what we want all the time, but like everything you will learn. And if this is you making mistakes I can't wait to see more of your work.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 19, 2005
    Looks good to me thumb.gifthumb.gif

I too, like the color and crispness of this shot. I'm sure you could have composed it a bit better, but it's too late now....lol

My thoughts on compostion would be maybe to have his head in the upper left "thrid" and whatever he's looking at on the ground in the lower right "third". The shot would be tighter, and you'd lose most of the background, but I think it would be a more compelling and pleasing image.

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 19, 2005
    It's a very nice shot. good light and color. you still have room to spare in a crop of the left margin. you'd still have a good portrait aspect ration. nice job thumb.gif
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    I like it too.. I would like to see what happens if you cropped it a bit too.. would shift him over just enough.. great color.
  • JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    That is a great shot, and yes you can crop it to get the framing a little better.

James.