-ISO 100
-Nikon Capture NX2

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p271422832-4.jpg

Comments

• BrendanBrendan Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    I really like the shadows on the forest, but almost wish the grasses weren't there. But still a very nice shot. Have you thought about a B&W conversion (just to see how it looks, at least)? A 'portrait' composition might also be able to highlight the shadows more by showing more of them -- something to think about for next time. Very nice, simple shot. :)

—Brendan
  • manfredmanfred Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    i like the way the way the shadows pull you across the picture and then the sharp turn upwards with the trunks and out of the shot. simple but effective.
    Being part of the "pond life" is OK - just keep aspiring

http://davemann.smugmug.com

Canon 40D. Canon - 100mm macro, 24-105 IS USM, 70-300 IS USM DO, Speedlite 580EX
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    It is striking in a quiet way. I like the shadows; the grass doesn't bother me either; sort of adds to it. At first I thought it was in black and white.
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    Good shot. The only nit I have is that the shadows draw the eye upwards to the right corner. But then there's something up there behind the trees which I can't make out. Without that clutter in the upper right this would be a very good shot.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers