Grand Canyon

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited January 17, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
The picture was taken from Tanner Trail.

455626842_SH36r-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING & C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    what camera? Looks a little low res...
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    The purple looks a bit unnatural to me. Maybe the saturation has been pushed a bit too far.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    sirsloop wrote:
    what camera? Looks a little low res...[/quote

It was taken in my backpacking days,,,,Soooooo, it would have been a point and shoot....... THANKS FOR LOOKING AND COMMENTING...... azzaro
    edited January 16, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    The purple looks a bit unnatural to me. Maybe the saturation has been pushed a bit too far.

Thanks Jeff for looking and commenting........I use Elements for PP and only use maybe 20% of what it can do.....So I have been trying to expand my horizons and try different things.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.....thumb.gif azzaro
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    Hi Azzaro
    Love the point of view here. Having never been there, it sure does emphasize the enormity of this natural wonder. Thanks for sharing.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited January 16, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Hi Azzaro
    Love the point of view here. Having never been there, it sure does emphasize the enormity of this natural wonder. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Jack......Thanks for looking ....... You should try and see it.... I have hiked it 5 times... We did a 6 day hike. We went down Tanner and came out Grand View and another time we did rim to rim which is about 24 miles.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    this is a cool shot, what year was this taken? for a early p&s generation digital camera its very good... (if i could have some of my early digital images in todays qualityrolleyes1.gif ) anyway, how did you treat this image?
    if i could add my .02 i would tone the green channel down a little...see if that gives more to the image or not...

umm 24 miles? you rock!
    Aaron Nelson
    edited January 17, 2009
    this is a cool shot, what year was this taken? for a early p&s generation digital camera its very good... (if i could have some of my early digital images in todays qualityrolleyes1.gif ) anyway, how did you treat this image?
    if i could add my .02 i would tone the green channel down a little...see if that gives more to the image or not...

umm 24 miles? you rock!

HI Aaron
    Time flies probably over 5 years ago....I use to carry and 8008 too, so it may be a scanned in slide...... The shot was underexposed. I lightened it and increased the saturation. Then I added hard light and called it good.

Thanks for looking and the .02.....I will give it a try tomorrow and post it here....... Thanks again ... azzaro

I hiked the Canyon with a woman that had ran the canyon rim to rim. I was backpacking and it was a 3 day trip....
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    lol, i was going to ask are you sure this was digital??....hahaha

anyway, the hard light with extra sat really makes it look a lot older, like film from my fathers collection of 35mm from family trips in the 70's and such...

anyway, cool capture of what im sure was a cool trip...
    Aaron Nelson