Rialto and Ruby Beach Sunsets 1-14-09

AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited January 17, 2009 in Landscapes
Has been a long time here in WA since we have seen the sun or any good weather at all. The forecast sounded favorable at the coast so I headed down.
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw there actually was going to be a sunset
Comments CC greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking
Ray Still

img7878okcropbm3.jpg

img7954copynm0.jpg

img7943vn3.jpg

img7870nt9.jpg

img7806ce3.jpg

img7787ec9.jpg

Comments

• bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    These are remarkable! The colors in the Rialto Beach shots, wow, fantastic. thumb.gif I see shots like this and I know I have to go back there.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    Beautiful set. Love 2 and 4 the most.
  • SciurusNigerSciurusNiger Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    Wow! That is one of my most favorite places in the whole world! I have many photos and many, many fond memories of that beach, including losing my precious little 110 instamatic camera in the outgoing tide one evening 25 years ago as my late (then) puppy and I raced the waves. I cried, but ended up buying my first "real" camera to replace it so I guess there IS a reason for everything.

Very nicely done!!!
    Garnered Images Photography

"Where beauty moves and wit delights and signs of kindness bind me; there, oh there, whe'er I go I leave my heart behind me." (Thomas Ford, 1607)
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 16, 2009
    oh such beauty! Very lovely set of pics!thumb.gif
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    I love #6 if pulled me right in.
  • AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    Thanks guys for the comments tried a little different processing on this set. They still need work as the dreaded halo affect is alive and well in quite a few of them.

Ray Still
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    The only thing that really can be said is WOW!!clap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    Has been a long time here in WA since we have seen the sun or any good weather at all. The forecast sounded favorable at the coast so I headed down.
    I was pleasantly surprised when I saw there actually was going to be a sunset
    Comments CC greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for looking
    Ray Still

Nice series Ray!

Our minds are on the same wavelength, I was eying the forecast on the coast all week long and decided to leave work early on Friday and stay a few nights in Forks. The weather has been very nice, I've had two great sunsets and one awesome sunrise, and hopefully another good sunrise tomorrow (haven't decided where yet, either Ruby Beach or Rialto Beach... need to check the forecasts). The Hoh Rainforest road is closed so I had to confine myself to the beaches, but they've been great so far. It's just going to take me forever to process all of them...
  • AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    Very cool Ron have you shot that blackwater pond about 1/4 from Rialto parking lot on left side if going out. Just before the bridge. Have you had ice on the 110 on Thursday morning 29 degrees road full of Ice. Overturned SUV De Icer trucks whole 9 yards my studded tires on company vehicle really paid off this winter.
    Have fun I know your images will put mine to shame can't wait to see them.

Ray Still