Options

Global (default) Proof Delay?

mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
edited January 20, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Andy/All,

Is there any way to set a global/default site wide proof delay?

I just got an email about an order from a new batch of pictures, so I logged in to SM to check it and send it along.

To my horror it said "Processing and printing", but after reviewing the order I calmed down (no blunders in cropping and no photos that needed replacement) I started kicking myself for not triple checking proof delay.

So, is there a way to make proof delay the default behavior globally with local overrides just like pricing?

If not, I would really like to add it as a feature request.

:thumb

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    Quick Settings: http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage
    That's the way. And when you make a new gallery, choose the quicksetting. You can apply the quick setting to many galleries, too.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    That's the way. And when you make a new gallery, choose the quicksetting. You can apply the quick setting to many galleries, too.

Man would it be neat someday if you could apply only some of the settings in a quick setting like you can in a Lightroom Preset. Then, you could literally just change these three settings in a whole group of galleries. I never use presets for this because I can't be sure that I want every single setting in the gallery to be identical, thus I can't use it to just change a couple settings. Quick settings are so close to be wonderful, but without this extra flexibility of only apply some settings, their use is so much more limited.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Andy wrote:

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it might be OK as a work around.

Thanks.

thumb.gif
  • Options
    SledhedSledhed Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    Man would it be neat someday if you could apply only some of the settings in a quick setting like you can in a Lightroom Preset. Then, you could literally just change these three settings in a whole group of galleries. I never use presets for this because I can't be sure that I want every single setting in the gallery to be identical, thus I can't use it to just change a couple settings. Quick settings are so close to be wonderful, but without this extra flexibility of only apply some settings, their use is so much more limited.

+1