My little project

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited January 20, 2009 in People
Hi, all! It's been a while and I'm actually really busy, but wanted to share this - hope you don't mind....

452946741_xLJu5-S.jpg

I'm going to DC for the inauguration ostensibly to photograph the people going - not so much Obama, but the everyone's reaction to his becoming president. My husband bought me a flight to go for Christmas and I'll be staying with his aunt - and I'm so incredibly excited it's not funny!

(As a side note, I don't actually have tickets to the inauguration itself, but will have an amazing time watching everything and just being there.)

Even if you aren't a huge Obama fan, you have to realize what a huge historic moment this is and to be there when it happens is a bit overwhelming.

Anyway, I'll be blogging about my journey there on this blog: http://www.tippiepics.com/blog. Let me know you stopped in! I'll update with photos when I return!

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    I can't wait Andi....we miss you! Please share! Have a fabulous time.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    This is gonna be first rate!!!!

I can't wait!wings.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    Thanks for posting this - it will be WONDERFUL to get some perspectives and images of the occasion outside the mass media. I'm so glad to be able to follow it through your eyes!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited January 17, 2009
    What a great project! I think you're smart to focus on people's reactions rather than Obama himself. The media pros have all the advantages--placement, equipment, not to mention skills--so you can't compete with them. But I'm sure there are many opportunities for great candids. The best shots I remember seeing of the Obama victory celebration in Grant Park were of people in the crowd. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Regards,
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    Well, I'm not a US citizen, and I find politicians the opposite of interesting and way too expensive to keep (for what I get in return)eek7.gif...

But... I do love to observe my fellow man and woman.

So, I'll be looking forward to your images from the 'back' :D

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    Andi, yay! I'll be there, too. I doubt I'll see you in the sea of 2 million people, but I look forward to seeing your photos. thumb.gif
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Andi, yay! I'll be there, too. I doubt I'll see you in the sea of 2 million people, but I look forward to seeing your photos. thumb.gif
    OMG! Kerry! That's SO awesome! Do you have tickets to anything? I certainly don't.... Laughing.gif!

Have a FABULOUS time!

And thanks, everyone! I can't wait to share!
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    OMG! Kerry! That's SO awesome! Do you have tickets to anything? I certainly don't.... Laughing.gif!

I'm equally ticketless. :D Just going for the same reasons you are--to witness the historic event in person and capture people's reactions. I hope you have a great time while you're here!
  • WolftepWolftep Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Looking forward to this. After watching the inauguration this morning, there definitely was not a shortage of people to take pictures of. rolleyes1.gif