Options

Wedding Shots

AngeliaAngelia Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited May 19, 2005 in Weddings
I wanted to make this one B&W but I loved her eyes..
Angelia

Comments

• Options
    edited May 19, 2005
    Angelia wrote:
    I wanted to make this one B&W but I loved her eyes..
    Edited in Adobe
    Angelia
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2005
    This one had three layers that I merged. Her bouquet, wedding dress and shoes, and the bride. I am not really sure about it though...should I take a layer away...if so which one?
    Angelia
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2005
    Mother and Daughter
    B&w
    Angelia
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2005
    Wedding hands
    Angelia
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    You needs a smugmug account, heres a $5 coupon bcWu1dNyCbJNU. I could go into a shameless plug now about their great service, unlimited storage, and how they allow direct linking but I won't. :D

I like your photos.

That said. Shot one she looks alittle depressed (maybe just freaked out). You can convert it to a black and white and leave her eyes blue and saturate the blue to bring out the color even more. I think that would look really good on this photo.

Shot 2 I like alot but I would use a slightly different variation. I would make her side portrait the main image and superimpose the hand holding into her head near the brain area.

shot 3 Id drop the dress layer and make her the first layer (non-transparent) and use the flowers as a background.

Nothing I can really say about the other two other than that I like them. The look in the daughters eyes is great.

Keep in mind these are simply my opinions and can be taken as the rantings of a crazy person if ya want.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2005
    I love your ideas, especially the suggestion to only color her eyes on photo 1...I am going to experiment with that right now! clap.gif
    Thank you very much for your feed back..I checked out smugmug and love your photos of the bridge...very beautiful!
    Angelia
    You needs a smugmug account, heres a $5 coupon bcWu1dNyCbJNU. I could go into a shameless plug now about their great service, unlimited storage, and how they allow direct linking but I won't. :D

I like your photos.

That said. Shot one she looks alittle depressed (maybe just freaked out). You can convert it to a black and white and leave her eyes blue and saturate the blue to bring out the color even more. I think that would look really good on this photo.

Shot 2 I like alot but I would use a slightly different variation. I would make her side portrait the main image and superimpose the hand holding into her head near the brain area.

shot 3 Id drop the dress layer and make her the first layer (non-transparent) and use the flowers as a background.

Nothing I can really say about the other two other than that I like them. The look in the daughters eyes is great.

Keep in mind these are simply my opinions and can be taken as the rantings of a crazy person if ya want.
    Angelia
  • Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    Angelia wrote:
    Edited in Adobe
    Not sure what nu,ber shot this is, I think it is pic#2 of this thread.

The composition confuses me, and the opacity is somewhat off. I can not get a clear indication or view of any of the three (?) layers. I like the idea, but I would play with it a little differently an perhaps even use some masking on top of opacity or use masks that start with 50% grey and then use a big soft brush and edit the mask with white and black.

FWIW,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    Angelia wrote:
    This one had three layers that I merged. Her bouquet, wedding dress and shoes, and the bride. I am not really sure about it though...should I take a layer away...if so which one?
    Ok this one, I would leave the three layers, but change opacity a little, and resize some of the things so they are closer to what their original size relationship is, or resize them where there is an obvious difference. In the current compostion, the size relative to each other is close enough to kinda fool the eye, yet 'off'.

FWIW,

XO,

ps. I do like your pics, just wanted to give some feedback on where I saw possibilities and opportunities.
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com