Whale Bones at Newport

NeuralLotusNeuralLotus Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited January 18, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I took this photo for my Photo Studio class last year. There is some gunk that got on it because it was being displayed in the hall at school. It isn't quite as large as I would like, but that is because I can't find the original scan, so I had to use this which was taken from another project, in which I had to downsize it. If you would like to see a larger and higher resolution version just tell me and I'll re-scan it and upload a new one; I'm probably going to re-scan it anyway. Anyway, it was taken in Newport, Oregon. It's a photo of some whale bones that are part of a memorial.

C+C welcome.

3204592008_79c58e710d_o.jpg
Hmmmmm... blarrgh...

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    I took this photo for my Photo Studio class last year. There is some gunk that got on it because it was being displayed in the hall at school. It isn't quite as large as I would like, but that is because I can't find the original scan, so I had to use this which was taken from another project, in which I had to downsize it. If you would like to see a larger and higher resolution version just tell me and I'll re-scan it and upload a new one; I'm probably going to re-scan it anyway. Anyway, it was taken in Newport, Oregon. It's a photo of some whale bones that are part of a memorial.

C+C welcome.

Forgive me NeuralLotus, when I saw this image I laughed to myself as it immediately brought back a childhood memory of my cousin.

He had a Whale Bone, cant remember if my Grandfather gave it to him,
    or if he found it washed up on the beach at Queenscliff back beach.

The bone as you know was soooooooooooooo big, but by gosh he took it to school for show and tell and had it ages before he gave it up rolleyes1.gif

Strangely enough the ribs of a Whale look like the inner skeleton of those old wooden boats.

Your shot has that old look about it ... I like it thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • NeuralLotusNeuralLotus Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    Your anecdote made me titter a little (wow, that was a pretty nerdy sounding sentence, but I'm a nerd, so whatever, lol). I'm not taking your laughing the wrong way. And thanks for the comment.
    Hmmmmm... blarrgh...