Hillary

Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited January 25, 2009 in People
I snapped these during the primary campaign of 2008.

258228252_r77m6-L.jpg

258228163_Ji2Lm-L.jpg

Comments

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Well, one is a little scary- but I think that sometimes that happens with Hillary and her smiles from what I've seen- they are hit or miss.
    The second one seems like a nice candid one. I mean, you could get away with thinking that she was just hanging out with your friends in your living room.--well, except for all those signs...
    cheers,
    a.
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 22, 2009
    Asthetically I've always thought she's had a slightly maniacal look to her and constrastie (do you like the word?) B&W intensifies it for me. She's getting on in years and could really benefit from the low key/soft look.

#2 could benefit with more of her noggin being in the frame.

#1 doesn't look totally in focus and looks like it was a tight crop from a much wider frame.

S
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Well, one is a little scary- but I think that sometimes that happens with Hillary and her smiles from what I've seen- they are hit or miss.

NOt a political statement but #1 sort of reminds of the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz.

#2 is a nice candid that captures a genuine moment of lightness/laughter. The backlighting is what makes this work for me.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Hmmm... your photos look out of focus. headscratch.gif And just a suspicion, but did you convert to b&w because the WB was off?

I've covered Hillary campaign events a couple of times and personally think you could have done much better. One trick for better images is to use the lighting the campaign provides. They literally spend thousands lighting up these events so their candidate looks good. Might as well use that to your advantage.

95182239.jpg

95182237.jpg

96817225.jpg

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    I really like the 2nd pic from the first set.

Good mood and very good depth of field