New to the site -- Nikon Film Cameras

DelSlowDelSlow Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited January 25, 2009 in Cameras
Hey my names Will, been trolling here for a while so i figured I would finally join up. Don't really have the camera I would like as of yet...looking to get a Nikkon D40/or 60. But while I was visiting my Grandfather in California over Christmas break he gave me his old Nikon F Photomic Tn and a bunch of lenses and light meters. I was really surprised because for being from 1968 this thing is extremely mint. I plan on messing around with it a bit here pretty soon, experimenting with all the different lenses and glass it came with. Over all im pretty happy with it all, looks to be a fun little toy. Let me know what you guys think. Kinda new to actually decent film cameras.

Auto Nikkor 20mm-UD wide angle lens
Non-Ai 135mm f/3.5 Nikkor-Q Auto telephoto lens
Nikon Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5

Picture012-1.jpg
Picture010-1.jpg
Picture001-1.jpg
Picture004-1.jpg

Comments

• drakedrake Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    Those are some mint cameras. Great condition. I would love to play around with those. Thanks for signing up on the site I assume you have registered on SmugMug.com to? Hope you enjoy your stay!
    Personal Site: onlinedrake.com
    SmugMug : My Photos
    Photo Migration (Firefox) : smugglr.net
    Online Drake Store

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited January 25, 2009
    Welcome Will!

Needs a bit of clean-up but otherwise, fine looking cameras.

I'm going to move this over to cameras as I bet there are some folks that wouldn't mind seeing this.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • M.MoranPhotographyM.MoranPhotography Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    DelSlow wrote:
    Hey my names Will, been trolling here for a while so i figured I would finally join up. Don't really have the camera I would like as of yet...looking to get a Nikkon D40/or 60. But while I was visiting my Grandfather in California over Christmas break he gave me his old Nikon F Photomic Tn and a bunch of lenses and light meters. I was really surprised because for being from 1968 this thing is extremely mint. I plan on messing around with it a bit here pretty soon, experimenting with all the different lenses and glass it came with. Over all im pretty happy with it all, looks to be a fun little toy. Let me know what you guys think. Kinda new to actually decent film cameras.

Auto Nikkor 20mm-UD wide angle lens
    Non-Ai 135mm f/3.5 Nikkor-Q Auto telephoto lens
    Nikon Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5
    You should go with a D200 or D300, or your lenses will all be manual exposure.