jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited January 27, 2009 in People
Tina turned 19 yesterday. We had a small celebration here at home...and today she moved back to her dorm...back to school. We are hoping she can turn in another 4.0 performance!!!:thumb

I haven't had much luck convincing any of my kids to let me "test" out the 50D on them....these are pretty much the first real shots I have taken with it. Not too shabby for ISO800!!!

456549094_9Ge7s-M.jpg

456548548_YMnhs-M.jpg

456547889_sqA6J-M.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    I love the PP on these. My favorites have to be #1 and #3 - I think it's here eyes - there's something about them that just draws one in.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    I love the PP on these. My favorites have to be #1 and #3 - I think it's here eyes - there's something about them that just draws one in.

Scott....there was really nothing to the pp. I just loaded the RAW files in LR....set a WB(which I coulda skipped....) and some sharpening and NR adjustments to one image....converted it to a monotone......and synched the whole batch. 5 minutes tops for 30 or so images.

BTW.....I shot a few with the 85mm.......and.....

456581909_aJjMP-M.jpg

456583475_AJhck-M.jpg

456582727_XbRo5-M.jpg

...it performed really well!!!thumb.gif

My first impressions of the camera are....

-Focus adjustment RULES!!!!

-Noise is neglegable.

-Color rendition is incredible.

-Its fast......super freakin....accidentally... keep taking six pictures fast.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    ISO 800 is pretty sweet on that cam Jeff. Heck, even on the 40D I have no qualms about using it whatsoever. Now, what's kind of a "not fair" test is shooting Tina....I'm pretty convinced you could shoot a Brownie with a digital back at ISO 3200 and the shots would turn out great..Laughing.gif.

Another 4.0? Yes, that would be the best. Nice shots all around!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    Jeff, your gift for making the ordinary (well, if you can call any of your beautiful family "ordinary") into a meaningful photograph is downright EXTRAordinary... and you've done it again!

I love the one with the cake - beautiful selective dof blurring of that background (was that the 85mm as well? Gahh... y'all are giving me more gear envy by showing what these Grownup Lenses can deliver... :)

Beautiful, as always. And Happy Birthday to your young'un! Wow. I remember those days when 19 felt really old and grownup... rolleyes1.gif
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    Nice shots, Jeff.

Your daughter has a photogenic, characterful face.

Your shots remind me how important family celebrations are.

Your enthusiasm for the new shooter is like puppylove (fortunately I'm often in the same condition). I'm glad you're lovin' it!

I have found that an equally big factor in color rendition is the lens. Eg the 24-70L just blows me away with the vibrancy, totally natural, it produces.

Look forward to seeing you get serious with that 50D.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    That 85mm rocks in your hands! These are super sharp! The shot of the little guy stuffing his mouth is super cute!
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    @ Scott re your new avvy -

yep that looks exactly like you! mwink.gifDclap.gif
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited January 18, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    ISO 800 is pretty sweet on that cam Jeff. Heck, even on the 40D I have no qualms about using it whatsoever. Now, what's kind of a "not fair" test is shooting Tina....I'm pretty convinced you could shoot a Brownie with a digital back at ISO 3200 and the shots would turn out great..Laughing.gif.

Another 4.0? Yes, that would be the best. Nice shots all around!

Thanks for commenting Swartzy!
    edited January 18, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Jeff, your gift for making the ordinary (well, if you can call any of your beautiful family "ordinary") into a meaningful photograph is downright EXTRAordinary... and you've done it again!

I love the one with the cake - beautiful selective dof blurring of that background (was that the 85mm as well? Gahh... y'all are giving me more gear envy by showing what these Grownup Lenses can deliver... :)

Beautiful, as always. And Happy Birthday to your young'un! Wow. I remember those days when 19 felt really old and grownup... rolleyes1.gif

The first three were with the 17-55.

I got a package in the mail from you. I REALLY appreciate that!thumb.gif
    edited January 18, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    Nice shots, Jeff.

Your daughter has a photogenic, characterful face.

Your shots remind me how important family celebrations are.

Your enthusiasm for the new shooter is like puppylove (fortunately I'm often in the same condition). I'm glad you're lovin' it!

I have found that an equally big factor in color rendition is the lens. Eg the 24-70L just blows me away with the vibrancy, totally natural, it produces.

Look forward to seeing you get serious with that 50D.

Neil

Friendships come and go.....family...for better or worse...will always be family.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    The first three were with the 17-55.

I got a package in the mail from you. I REALLY appreciate that!thumb.gif

Oh good - glad it got there (pretty fast, too!). I'm more than happy to help out - the tiniest gesture of thanks for all the help you've given me nod.gif Glad I could pass it on - hope it works for your buddy's camera :)
    edited January 21, 2009
    That 85mm rocks in your hands! These are super sharp! The shot of the little guy stuffing his mouth is super cute!

Rocks in my hands?......as in motion blur...camera shake?......rolleyes1.gif

It is a nice lens that I have used very little...but would like to use more. Now that I am satisfied with it's focus I may give it a shot.

My nephew.....he just gets bigger and bigger.....and that pic shows exactly why!rolleyes1.gif
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    You seem to be really enjoying your 50D and the results are looking fantastic. Love the PP you did on them as well.
    edited January 27, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    You seem to be really enjoying your 50D and the results are looking fantastic. Love the PP you did on them as well.

Thanks Shima,

So far I have found that the 50D is a very capable tool.