Options

Deleting files in Lightroom

rgaetanorgaetano Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited January 20, 2009 in Finishing School
I have Lightroom pointing to drives in my home network where my photos are stored. When I try to delete a photo- the menu is grayed out. Is this because it is a network drive and a read/write access issue or I am just not following directions.

Comments

• Options
    TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    I've seen this happen when a file is still being processed for metadata changes or preview generation. LR puts some sort of lock on it until it's done. If that's not the situation for you, check that the network drive is visible and accessible from the machine you are using. If the drive is not available, LR will let you see the image and what was last done to it based on what's in the database, but you can't make any changes to it, including delete it.
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen
  • Options
    PittspilotPittspilot Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    rgaetano wrote:
    I have Lightroom pointing to drives in my home network where my photos are stored. When I try to delete a photo- the menu is grayed out. Is this because it is a network drive and a read/write access issue or I am just not following directions.

Curious, I always thought (and have tried in the past, and failed) that network drives (as opposed to USB or firewire) are not supported in LR catalogs.

It is specifically NOT recommended in earlier versions.....