Watching

PadgePadge Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited January 18, 2009 in People
watching4_IMG_1892.jpg
“It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter, because you can invent things. But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the ordinary.”
David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com

Comments

• Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    I visited your website...very nice photos. You have the eye for post processing.

I don't think the dodging or whatever works for this photo...even in an artistic sort of way. But that is just my opinion.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    This is a cool shot. I really like the effect.

A couple of nits: There's a white spot just below the woman in the evening gown that is very distracting, mostly because I can't make out what I'm seeing. Also, there's what appears to be a sharp horizontal cutoff of the lady in the evening gown - makes it look like you took a square crop of another photo and dropped it into this one.
  • PadgePadge Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    Ed911 wrote:
    I visited your website...very nice photos. You have the eye for post processing.

I don't think the dodging or whatever works for this photo...even in an artistic sort of way. But that is just my opinion.

Thanks for the comments Ed, not all photos can be done to everyones taste. I have another version of this with more background visible but I prefered this one.
    “It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter, because you can invent things. But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the ordinary.”
    David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    This is great ! clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited January 18, 2009
    This is a cool shot. I really like the effect.

A couple of nits: There's a white spot just below the woman in the evening gown that is very distracting, mostly because I can't make out what I'm seeing. Also, there's what appears to be a sharp horizontal cutoff of the lady in the evening gown - makes it look like you took a square crop of another photo and dropped it into this one.

Thanks for the comments Scott.

I wandered about the dress watch, I can see it as a distraction but it is integral to what she was wearing. I may take it out.

I can't see the horizontal line you mention (I have tried a different monitor just in case), any chance you could be a bit more precise. All the people were in the room in those positions nobody has been added or moved.
    David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    Padge wrote:
    Thanks for the comments Scott.

I wandered about the dress watch, I can see it as a distraction but it is integral to what she was wearing. I may take it out.

I can't see the horizontal line you mention (I have tried a different monitor just in case), any chance you could be a bit more precise. All the people were in the room in those positions nobody has been added or moved.
    I'm guessing you her in opera length gloves. These get lost in the background and against her gown. So, it looks like there's nothing there from the elbow down - hence the sense that she is from another image that got dropped onto this one. I've draw an outline to give you an idea of what I mean.

If you don't want the image up - let me know and I'll remove it and edit this post appropriately.
    edited January 18, 2009
    I'm guessing you her in opera length gloves. These get lost in the background and against her gown. So, it looks like there's nothing there from the elbow down - hence the sense that she is from another image that got dropped onto this one. I've draw an outline to give you an idea of what I mean.

If you don't want the image up - let me know and I'll remove it and edit this post appropriately.

No problem with you posting the image, thanks for the response.

I suppose that because I know what's there I see it more easily, I get your point. I may need to do a bit of dodging along the gloves to bring them out a little more. That may also reduce the distraction of the watch.

Thanks
    David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com