C&C - and saturation

CBec2003CBec2003 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited January 20, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Please let me know your thoughts on these pictures. do you think the second one is too over the top post processed? Other C&C welcome, pretty new around here....Thanks!
456854502_ndVtn-M.jpg

456854452_ht73v-M.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    CBec2003 wrote:
    Please let me know your thoughts on these pictures. do you think the second one is too over the top post processed? Other C&C welcome, pretty new around here....Thanks!

I like the colour of the water more in the second shot.
    The childs colour just doesn't look right to me in either shot headscratch.gif
    There's not a lot of colours for you to work with on this shot,
    not sure if I see a colour cast or not.

Enhancing the ground has made the wooden walk way and rail change colour as well and the child is a different colour in the second shot.

I might be inclinded to heavily crop the shot above the boys head and make it a pano removing the entire top section of the image.

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • CBec2003CBec2003 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    thanks for the comments
    interesting idea, i would never have thought of that one...probably because the child is my son and cropping him would make feel bad :) However, i think you have a good point and will definetely look at that option!
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Actually, if you cut the image in half you come up with two rather nice panos. In this case the "sum of the parts" might be greater than the "whole".

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • CBec2003CBec2003 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Pano
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Actually, if you cut the image in half you come up with two rather nice panos. In this case the "sum of the parts" might be greater than the "whole".

Jack, you are a genius!
    458475461_xKhkn-M.jpg

458479243_aPFFk-M.jpg

You inspired me to try that with this one as well:
    458489915_judDh-M.jpg