A few more SP from last week

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited January 18, 2009 in People
As always, feedback appreciated.

1.454509942_AvcJs-XL.jpg

Here, I know I cut off my fingers and could have used more light in my eyes.

2.454575799_kwxaZ-XL-1.jpg

On this one, I cloned out straps.

3.456441185_vyRvk-XL.jpg

Caroline

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    Caroline -

I like all of them, except that they're all coming over as soft on my monitor headscratch.gif

I really love where you're going with the last one for lighting etc - very lovely.

I find it amazing that you've been worrying about posing, because everything you've posted has been so beautiful - as I said in a previous post, your hands are so elegant and expressive and your dance training means you have such great lines in your poses. thumb.gif
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Caroline -

I like all of them, except that they're all coming over as soft on my monitor headscratch.gif

I really love where you're going with the last one for lighting etc - very lovely.

I find it amazing that you've been worrying about posing, because everything you've posted has been so beautiful - as I said in a previous post, your hands are so elegant and expressive and your dance training means you have such great lines in your poses. thumb.gif

They are soft. Which is why I didn't post them sooner. I like them anyway, in spite of the flaws. Thanks for your comments about posing- I think I just get self critical. I have trouble getting my expression right more than anything.

Caroline
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    I think the last one is beautiful! iloveyou.gif

-- Lisa P.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    The second one would have been a real winner had it been a little sharper and better framed. I like your B&W conversion. And, I like the pose. It's not the "typical" turn 'em just a bit from the camera pose. This on is intense!

I like where you are going with your lighting (like my opinion really matters to anyone but memwink.gif). If it had been just a touch higher off the floor, I do believe it would have provided enough light to seperate your left side from the background. You might also think about dialing the power down on that just a touch as it's blown out some of your hair.

On the last one - It's beautiful and well worthy of a re-shoot; this time after you've given your skin a chance to relax from any tight clothing you have been wearing.
    edited January 18, 2009
    Thanks for the input, Scott. Maybe I'll try a reshoot of the back. My next project is going to be hands. I 'm getting ready to shoot the hands of every kid in my daughters' school, make a collage in black and white, have it printed on canvas. It'll be sold at the fundraising auction. Anyway, I'll practice on my hands first if I have time.

Caroline
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    Thanks for the input, Scott. Maybe I'll try a reshoot of the back. My next project is going to be hands. I 'm getting ready to shoot the hands of every kid in my daughters' school, make a collage in black and white, have it printed on canvas. It'll be sold at the fundraising auction. Anyway, I'll practice on my hands first if I have time.

Caroline
    That sounds soo cool. Did you come up with that idea or was it presented to you?
    edited January 18, 2009
    That sounds soo cool. Did you come up with that idea or was it presented to you?

I'm the fundraising chairperson and school photographer, so the idea of a photo collage was brought up to me at our meeting Friday. We tossed around the idea of faces, but decided on hands. So it was a group brainstorm. I'm going to have some of the hands spell out the school name and motto in sign language. I'm extremely excited about the whole project.

Caroline
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    I'm the fundraising chairperson and school photographer, so the idea of a photo collage was brought up to me at our meeting Friday. We tossed around the idea of faces, but decided on hands. So it was a group brainstorm. I'm going to have some of the hands spell out the school name and motto in sign language. I'm extremely excited about the whole project.

Caroline

It really is a wonderful idea - appealing on sooo many levels! They are sure lucky to have multitalented you involved! clap.gif