Water on a CD

SaltWaterHippoSaltWaterHippo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited January 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I decided to take some pictures to use them as examples of Depth of Field and maybe even explain what I know about it on a page somewhere to help people who know less than me about photography.

The only editing I done was put up the 'Clarity' in the Photoshop RAW Editor and added borders. 1 Image has a + exposure because it was a little dark. I thought they were good examples because it was pretty easy to see if a drop was in or out of focus but it would be nice to see what other people think so C&C is welcome :)

IMG_20090118_0088.jpg

IMG_20090118_0089.jpg

IMG_20090118_0090.jpg

IMG_20090118_0094-1.jpg

Comments

• RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    Nice shots! And a very clever idea for subject matter to illustrate DOF.

For demonstration purposes you might try it in a room with fewer light sources, so that there's less distraction for the eye to sort through.

Also, and this isn't so much a critique as a suggestion for some related cool shots, you should give it a try with your most "macro" lens and get in real close, and try moving the angle of the light around (if you have a lamp or something). The refracted/reflected colours off a cd can be fantastic, just as they already are in your shots here, and the closer you can get, the more abstract.
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Very cool.. when you post your explaination of what you know.. I'd like to read it - I don't know much.ne_nau.gif
    Courtney
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Very cool.. when you post your explaination of what you know.. I'd like to read it - I don't know much.ne_nau.gif

This is the effect that Robin is on about.

273116506_Pt6go-L.jpg