Fun with my iPhone

TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
edited January 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I've been playing with my iPhone and a few apps (Camera Bag, Quad Camera, and Pano) and I am finding you can make some really nice shots with this baby.

Here's my fave for today...a snow covered sewer grating, styled a la Holga.

457115230_UnZ4E-L.jpg
Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen

Comments

• baldmountainbaldmountain Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2009
    Phone cameras for the most part are horrible. But you get images you would not get otherwise. Mostly because you left you good gear at home:

457310584_FHyQ6-L.jpg

Another one from today with an iPhone. My daughter is looking back at the camera:

457310359_h2evL-L.jpg

The quality is wretched in terms of a newer DSLR. But I got something.

My all time favorite phone camera image:

457368720_aDkWz-L.jpg

taken with a Blackberry Pearl...
    geoff
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Terrence wrote:
    I've been playing with my iPhone and a few apps (Camera Bag, Quad Camera, and Pano) and I am finding you can make some really nice shots with this baby.

Here's my fave for today...a snow covered sewer grating, styled a la Holga.

Interesting image there. Did you try any other angles?

What is your favorite iPhone camera app so far? I really like Night Shot and use it a lot (not just at night). I've been thinking of trying out Camera Bag and a few others, just wish there were demo versions of these things.

My favorite thing about the iPhone is that I can get it into some tight spots I wouldn't otherwise be able to get a shot from...and I almost always have it with me. :D
    ~ Lisa
  • TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Camera Bag and Quad Camera are my faves so far. I have Pano as well, but haven't played with it much. Tilt Shift looks pretty decent too. I stick to $4 and under for iPhone apps. If I waste $10, it's not so bad, but I agree that there should be more "light" and demo versions for free so people see what they're getting.

My 40D is just too much to haul around on a daily basis and my iPhone is always by my side. I can snap away, process a little, and upload, all on the go. I find it is really freeing my eye and mind (a problem I've been working to overcome).

Here's a a couple of examples of Quad Camera. Kind of fun.

I'm cruuuushing your head!

Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen