Options

Went downtown with my P&S

SavannahManSavannahMan Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
edited May 1, 2004 in Landscapes
Got the wide-angle lens for my P&S and tried it out. There's a learning curve here I need to tackle.....

3791465-L.jpg

3791482-L.jpg

3791479-L.jpg

3791476-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2004
    Learning curve? You're doing great. You should post one in the new challenge - it's architecture, and I do believe you've shot some architecture!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited April 30, 2004
    Got the wide-angle lens for my P&S and tried it out. There's a learning curve here I need to tackle.....

3791465-L.jpg

3791482-L.jpg

3791479-L.jpg

3791476-L.jpg

The depth of field you are getting with the small sensor in a digicam with a wide angle adapter lens is just super - Nice images and with astounding depth of field.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    The depth of field you are getting with the small sensor in a digicam with a wide angle adapter lens is just super - Nice images and with astounding depth of field.
    Good to know, lol. It's a Kodak DX6440. Bought it 2 days before I knew about the 6490 (sigh). Was told it was a good camera for under $400, now thanx to yous guys I'm in like $800 after lenses, tripods, bags, etc. Coulda got a real camera......
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Learning curve? You're doing great. You should post one in the new challenge - it's architecture, and I do believe you've shot some architecture!
    Thanx! I'm in the right place for it then I believe. Downtown Savannah brags 2,300 different styles of architecture in two square miles. (that's what the tour guides tell people, anyway) Now I just have to find some good stuff.....
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2004
    Good to know, lol. It's a Kodak DX6440. Bought it 2 days before I knew about the 6490 (sigh). Was told it was a good camera for under $400, now thanx to yous guys I'm in like $800 after lenses, tripods, bags, etc. Coulda got a real camera......

Oh no, it nevers stops. You upgrade cameras, you'll be in for $2-$3 grand before you're done. DAMHIK
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au