Reflection and Sunsets

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited January 22, 2009 in Landscapes
This was taken at Horseshoe Lake. It was quite serene!
C&C appreciated.

Reflection; we do have a beach in the desert
457164036_ZTnSn-XL.jpg

The sunset
457164689_SRgHU-XL.jpg

Not our usual 'red sky' sunset
457166203_zvhmj-L.jpg

457345144_2G3Pk-L.jpg

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    Lost or bad?ne_nau.gif
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    Great job. I like the light in #2 and the last one the best. I think #2 would have been better without that tree right in the middle, though. Thanks for posting!
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    I like #s 1 & 4 the best. I believe, and this is only speaking of my personal preference, a pano crop of both of these would be alot more powerful. Reduce the amount of sky you have in each and see if it works for your tastes.

#1 - Match the amount of reflected sky with the true sky....your balance here seems off d/t the totality of reach above the mountain range.

#2 - There are a few clouds, but not enough character to impact the scene, in my opinion. I would pano-crop this one just below the bottom-most cloud, eliminating them entirely.
    edited January 21, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Great job. I like the light in #2 and the last one the best. I think #2 would have been better without that tree right in the middle, though. Thanks for posting!

Thank you! Yes, there were alot of trees so getting the mountains without a tree was near impossible!
    edited January 21, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    I like #s 1 & 4 the best. I believe, and this is only speaking of my personal preference, a pano crop of both of these would be alot more powerful. Reduce the amount of sky you have in each and see if it works for your tastes.

#1 - Match the amount of reflected sky with the true sky....your balance here seems off d/t the totality of reach above the mountain range.

#2 - There are a few clouds, but not enough character to impact the scene, in my opinion. I would pano-crop this one just below the bottom-most cloud, eliminating them entirely.

Thanks for your informative reply. I cropped the two photos. I especially like the pano look of the red mountains better. I fixed the blues in the reflection a little more; hopefully it matches better.

459206091_pVvp9-XL.jpg

459205961_VGLKe-XL.jpg
  • KwartaKwarta Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    Really like the cropped versions.
    http://kbkphoto.com/

There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.~Ansel Adams
    edited January 22, 2009
    Kwarta wrote:
    Really like the cropped versions.

THanks Kwarta!!!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Very very nice!! While I think they are all good, the first 2 are tops for me. Well done.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • leaheleahe Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Beautiful shots. I like #1 and #4 the best and even better as panos. Great job!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Loved them especially cropped versions
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited January 22, 2009
    Thanks Awais, leahe, ront, Kwarta... I appreciate your comments!