HAAAAAAAIIIIIRRRRR!! [not the musical]

cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
edited January 19, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
457348673_oDaKy-M.jpg

457350488_mwTPq-M.jpg

457349602_4Umsg-M.jpg

457351043_MkGAi-M.jpg

Any C + C appreciated. I'm lost which one to choose or if I'm barking up the wrong tree [pun intended.] I can reshoot because he's my puppy. :D There's a poll but comments help a bunch more!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• KwartaKwarta Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    I would have to say I like 3 the best. The highlights make the hair stand out more. Just my 2 cents.
    http://kbkphoto.com/

There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.~Ansel Adams
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    I'm really liking #2 and #4.

I think that a horizontal orientation on #2 as a opposed to a vertical one might make the composition stronger. In the vertical version my eyes keeps heading toward the dog as opposed to the human. When I tilt my laptop to look at it horizontally, the human becomes more of the focal point. You can call me weird if you want...rolleyes1.gif

#4 is a runner up. Without knowing there's a dog in the series of photos, it's hard to tell what kind of surface is on the lower right corner of the photo and it looks a bit strange. The lighting on the hair is really nice in that photo. However, the left eye looks a bit blurry -- I suspect the blur may be due to motion from the dog's breathing?
  • ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    I think #4 if you can get more texture on the dog? I like the concept!
    Amanda
    It is never to late to become what you might have been.
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • TylwyddTylwydd Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Really like #2 ! I think it's more intresting to see the both heads. As for composition, I'd like to see a little more of the dog. The crop might be a little too close to the eye (which leads mine really near the border).

What i like too in #2 is how the -human- hair seems to tend to the dog. thumb.gif
    Olympus fan :D : E520 ; ZD 50 mm ; ZD 14-54 mm ; ZD 50-200 mm SWD

http://tylwydd.smugmug.com/
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    I'm really liking #2 and #4.

I think that a horizontal orientation on #2. However, the left eye looks a bit blurry -- I suspect the blur may be due to motion from the dog's breathing?
    I'll keep the landscape orientation in mind for #2. the Left eye is blurry because I focused on the hair instead of the eyes.

Any ideas how I can get more texture from him? He's a short hair pointer. I did have another photo that my husband suggested is the strongest. I might have to do a new post.

I'll give it another try and see if he can handle laying down. he wasn't feeling well in these pics so he was a little more eager to nap and sit still for the pics. I leave work early tomorrow so I'll have more sun to work with --- I hope. I was really surprised when he started laying his head on my face, it was a really sweet gesture.

Thanks everyone!