Options

Just got my 1st order of prints from smugmug

Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
edited January 20, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Well I've just got my first order of prints off my smugmug website today, and I'm very pleased with them.

I ordered 5 prints, 2 5x7's 2 8x12's and 1 18x12.
One each of the 5x7's and 8x12's and the 18x12 were metallic prints, and OH MY GOODNESS :barb:barb:barb:barb:barb:barb:barb they are fantastic. This is my first view of a metallic print, I really think I'll be ordering more.

And a word about the packaging, "Fantastic" for the large prints!! The 18x12 and the 12x8's were rolled into a tough cardboard tube and then the tube was packed into a box and the 5x7's were in a little envelope in the box, this maybe could be a bit better as the envelope was free to bang about in the box.

I am very impressed in the speed of delivery, I ordered the prints on friday the 9th of Jan, it was shipped on monday 11th and arrived this afternoon ( the 19th ), bear in mind that I live in Northern Ireland, UK, and I used just the standard shippng.

Smugmug rocks :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Tim

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Hey Tim, thanks for the props, you made our day :D
  • Options
    timeflighttimeflight Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Being from the UK myself, I'm very interested in this thread. I'm still hovering between smugmug and zenfolio and shipping to the UK is something the Z people can't do!

Velvet - please tell me what the postage costs were for that order - I really want to see some metallic prints.
  • Options
    Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    timeflight wrote:
    Being from the UK myself, I'm very interested in this thread. I'm still hovering between smugmug and zenfolio and shipping to the UK is something the Z people can't do!

Velvet - please tell me what the postage costs were for that order - I really want to see some metallic prints.

The postage was $13.90 which is about £9.50 at the present exchange rates, not too bad for a box whose OD is 6"x6"x14". I ordered 1 18x12", 2 12x8's, and 2 5x7's to see what the quality and different finishes were like. The 12x18" metallic I ordered was of this pic 443624036_mVuBm-M-3.jpg
    and it looks fantastic as metallic.

Before I signed up to smugmug I made a few "Dummy" orders up to see what the postage would be, it gave me a good idea to see what the different sizes of photo would cost to ship.

Try doing that yourself, go to anyone's site ( like mine in my sig :D:D ), fill up a load of photo sizes that you'd like to know the shipping charges of and go through the checkout until you have to enter your address ( you dont have to enter any C/card details to get the shipping charge calculated )

Tim