Commercial photo buyers find me on Smugmug.

cappicappi Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited January 21, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Yesterday, I was contacted by a person looking for photos to purchase for his new business webpage that he is making. Totally random. I haven't been advertising. I just got many of my photos keyworded and captioned so they come up well in Google searches. Hopefully, this afternoon we'll wrap up the sale and I'll get a nice little photo sold message from Smugmug. Anyways, thought I'd share. Thank you Smugmug. :clap

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    w00p! Very nice, and thanks for sharing!
  • justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Finding us on SM
    Same thing happened to me a few months ago. It was all about the keywording because the image was so specific.

Congratulations! Always a nice surprise to be contacted "out of the blue"clap.gif
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    same happened here many timesmwink.gifwinkmwink.gifwink
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • bob swansonbob swanson Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    headscratch.gif I've feverishly been trying to keyword my images and really feel that I'm not being very sucessful. Any thoughts or advice. Also whether or not there is a feel for how long it migh take Google and such to connect.
    bsvirginianheadscratch.gif I've been scratching my head so much I don't have much hair left. bsvirginian
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009