some Bullriding

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited February 23, 2009 in Sports
457734173_JtxSC-L.jpg

457735671_pLLDE-L.jpg

457701731_U6y6S-L.jpg

You might see some lines in the images. They are not scratched or cracked lens, they are bull spital and I'm the last one to tell them not to spit in public. :D
Rags

Comments

• tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    well, technically it's some bull riding, 2 of 3 did not ride!

Nice to see some off the beaten path stuff! Nice job with action and colors!
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    tjk60 wrote:
    well, technically it's some bull riding, 2 of 3 did not ride!

Nice to see some off the beaten path stuff! Nice job with action and colors!

they had their moments... rolleyes1.gif
    Rags
  • clcoroniosclcoronios Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Hi -
    I'm VERY new here, and I don't know anyone - I don't think. So if I step on toes, it's out of ignorance, not meanness.

That said - I'd be real careful posting photos from PBR - their rules about bringing cameras into the events are pretty stringent - and they are VERY tight on 'ownership' of the events. Protecting contracts, and all that.

That said - I'd give a LOT to be given permission to shoot a bullriding! We did get to video one - several years ago - the year Jerome Davis won Rookie of the Year.

Carol
    Carol Lynn Coronios
    As You Like It Productions
    Equine photography in the northeast
    Chatham, NY
    edited February 11, 2009
    I agree about PBR.

They have the ability to sue me and they should if they feel it's worth it. After all they do what they gotta do, and I do the same.

Welcome aboard, it's a good site.

Rags
    Rags
  • SoonerShawnSoonerShawn Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    I'll second the comment about posting images from a PBR event...I posted some images on sportshooter that I took at a PBR event in OKC a few years ago, and caught some backlash, and I had permission to shoot the event. My trouble wasn't with the PBR, but an agent for some of the bullriders whose images I had posted on the site. I wasn't selliing the pictures, and they were protected, but this guy threatened to sue me, it was a huge ordeal. Several photogs encouraged me to fight the guy, but financially I just couldn't risk it. So yes, do be careful, even though we aren't seeking financial gain from the images we post here, there are still people out there who are just looking for a reason to sue someone.

Just my 2 cents.
    edited February 23, 2009
    Thanks , I appreciate the advice.

Edit: Hey Shawn you may be interested to know, that in the stadium there were color filigree spotlights shining onto the dirt. I found these purple or orange designs on the bulls butt. I thought the bull skin was discolored (& gave me some grief in PP), but found the same design on other bulls. My guess is, this is an attempt to differentiate the images of these bulls for copywrite purposes. Of course I wouldn't knowingly break any copywrite laws, and you can quote me on that.

Rags
    Rags