can anyone smell a rat here ?

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited May 1, 2004 in Accessories
Im about to buy an x-drive from this bloke on Ebay. Now before anyone says it, yes i can afford to lose it. I wont be holding anything over anyone if i get dudded.

buttttt.........does this dood look ok to the wise in here ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15215&item=3812566636&rd=1

Comments

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2004
    His feedback doesn't look bad. The number of negs and neutrals isn't too bad considering the volume, but it isnt perfect. His terms are written rather one sided, which only means he is protecting himself, but I know i dont like going into a store and seeing their return policy posted at every turn along with "you break it you bought it" signs. Not very welcoming. If it's a good deal, go for it. If it's a so so deal, maybe not.

IMHO
  • ReeferBenReeferBen Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2004
    I would buy it, if I didnt mind buying internationally. Using Paypal can help you if you can get there buyer protection on it they would help you if it didn't work out. What about warantys though? Would it be valid outside AU?
  • ReeferBenReeferBen Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2004
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2004
    ReeferBen wrote:
    I would buy it, if I didnt mind buying internationally. Using Paypal can help you if you can get there buyer protection on it they would help you if it didn't work out. What about warantys though? Would it be valid outside AU?
    yerbut....i live in 0z
    edited May 1, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    His feedback doesn't look bad. The number of negs and neutrals isn't too bad considering the volume, but it isnt perfect. His terms are written rather one sided, which only means he is protecting himself, but I know i dont like going into a store and seeing their return policy posted at every turn along with "you break it you bought it" signs. Not very welcoming. If it's a good deal, go for it. If it's a so so deal, maybe not.

IMHO
    ta greaps...considering he has a shop set up there i dont see any major probs either. The worst can happen is the laptop H/D & they are common.

You made me remember..i was in a commercial kitchen/chef supply shop one day in my bike gear. Im not what you would call a small fella & there wasnt a scrap of room to turn sideways inbetween the isles. But i managed to turn around & emptied a shelf of sholder height glassware, you should have heard the noise. The manager came running over & appoligised for my predicament & discounted what i did buy. I was cool to pay for it but he wouldnt hear of it. Sort of glad though, it would of been several hundred easily as it was all italian stuff.
    edited May 1, 2004
    ReeferBen wrote:
    Thats it but its in the wrong country friday.gif