PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
edited January 20, 2009 in People
Didn't get any C&C in Whipping Post so I'll try here:

454272479_2rh59-L.jpg

Comments

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Isn't that cheating...using a cute baby?:D

Seriously...how about another angle where one sees the fine hairs illuminated with light behind...like as you hold the babe?

Cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    IMHO for me this is an unflattering angle to shoot a baby. I want to see what the baby looks like and how cute he must be and not the way this angle makes the forehead look so large. If you want to shoot the head and the hair then you can shoot from the top of the head preferably while someone is holding the baby in their hands. If this is your baby you'll have tons of time to practice!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    IMHO for me this is an unflattering angle to shoot a baby. I want to see what the baby looks like and how cute he must be and not the way this angle makes the forehead look so large. If you want to shoot the head and the hair then you can shoot from the top of the head preferably while someone is holding the baby in their hands. If this is your baby you'll have tons of time to practice!

Thanks for the quick feedback! I picked this angle as to emphasize the hair but it's interesting to learn that no one (small sample size) likes it.

This is a picture that I think is better, but I was afraid it didn't emphasize the "hair" theme.

452581811_JCAdu-L.jpg
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Any thoughts on the second pose?
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Styling
    Pupator wrote:
    Any thoughts on the second pose?

Babies are very hard. You think they are easy but...
    They have red red skin and veins that show through it. They are messy and if you do naked babies there are big hazards (like fountains and other unmentionables). They are cranky when posed and moved and they might want a break for eating which is a whole other production.

The blur/background on the left is distracting - I'd crop it out; His little skin tone is typical baby which is why you see a lot of black and white so I would convert it from the color which would eliminate the green and blue and the print which pulls my eyes from that sweet little face.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com