Alaska..on the way to Seward

wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
edited January 20, 2009 in Landscapes
I am finally getting a chance to process a lot of the images I had taken in Sep 2008.

Here is one in HDR:

457821689_obLmH-L.jpg

The storm was just coming in as you can see from the rain drops in the lake and the clouds.

What do you think? I was trying HDR and also Hyperfocal. Not sure if I got the hyperfocal part though.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
WildViper
From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead

Comments

• scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Pretty scene and your HDR processing looks natural. I get a bit of vertigo because it seems like it's tilted towards the left (it's hard to tell- it may well be level but with all the dipping lines make it hard for me to tell).

The other thing that drew my attention is the small cloud puff in the upper center, just above the ridgeline. It looks a lot like a speck of dust. I do like the pitter-patter of the rain on the lake surface, though!
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    very nicely processed, and a great composition. the only thing I would fix is the highlight in the upper right corner to make it match the rest of the sky. probably artifact from the hdr.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Beautiful colors (love the green in the reflection!) and composition, it does look like it's leaning left a little bit, but that's easily correctable.
  • wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    thanx. I thought I had corrected the tilt, but will do a bit more. Also, I will correct those other bits.

anyone else?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WildViper
    Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead
  • leadZEROleadZERO Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Very nice image. A couple of things that popped out at me. It looks like there is some CA in the top right and along the left side. Otherwise if you hadn't mentioned it was an HDR I'd suspect you used a GND; the trees on the middle-left look very dark compared to those on the right. Not sure if that was natural or PP.
    Ryan P Sommers
    http://www.rpsommers.com/

Canon 5D Mk II
  • wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    leadZERO wrote:
    the trees on the middle-left look very dark compared to those on the right. Not sure if that was natural or PP.

Thanks. The light was very natural. I didn't darken or lighten anything besides the HDR. The storm was just coming in and coming in fast and the last light was about to go.

When I stopped, the mountain with snow was in sunlight. By the time I got of my car, setup the tripod and camera, you see what happened. All in all in 2-3 mins at most.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WildViper