Lanier Bridge

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited January 21, 2009 in Landscapes
Took this (as I was driving) on the drive back from an attempt to shoot the sunset at St. Simon's Island, GA, which didn't go too well because a fog came in. I was surprised when I loaded up the images for processing, as the lines of the bridge form an interesting subject against the sky. Processed for an IR-ish look. sorry about the artifact line across the top, I need to fix that.

448903484_KpMr2-L.jpg

Comments

• shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Took this (as I was driving) on the drive back from an attempt to shoot the sunset at St. Simon's Island, GA, which didn't go too well because a fog came in. I was surprised when I loaded up the images for processing, as the lines of the bridge form an interesting subject against the sky. Processed for an IR-ish look. sorry about the artifact line across the top, I need to fix that.

Nice shot- I like it a lot. I wish the lower middle was not so blown out- the ropes seem to get lost in the sky there. Otherwise a great shot. thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • pillmanpillman Registered Users Posts: 821 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    Nice. Post some of your St. Simons shots. Have a son there and will
    send him link..
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    This is great photo ! i wonder how it feels to see it printed huge
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    pillman wrote:
    Nice. Post some of your St. Simons shots. Have a son there and will
    send him link..

I wish my trip up there would have been more productive, but a fog came in a visibility was near zero. This was supposed to be a shot of the dock with the bridge in the distant background with the sun setting behind it. So this is the only shot I took before heading back home. At least the birds were nice enough to perch and give me a subject.

448536459_YYCDA-L.jpg
  • HuzbandHuzband Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    I hate that bridge. I lived in (on?) St. Simons when it was being built. I watched it grow in height every weekend when I'd drive to Jax to see my son. Too tall, too narrow, I said I'd never drive across it. And I never have. I'm afraid of heights, & get dizzy when I look up from a high place. If this shot were any larger, I'd have surely fallen out of my chair. :D

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. That's a fantastic shot. I like the one of the pier as well. thumb.gif Spent many an hour down at The Village.
    "Most of us work from life as a starting point." Ken Rockwell

Canon 50D, 30D, various lenses
    '08 BMW R12RT "Hammerhead"
    '08 KLR 685 "Rover"
    '03 Golden Retriever "Farley"
  • Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    Neat shot! Nothing is blown out on my calibrated monitor.

If I ever get a fisheye lens I'll have to remember this perspective!
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    Shootin1st wrote:
    Neat shot! Nothing is blown out on my calibrated monitor.

If I ever get a fisheye lens I'll have to remember this perspective!

Thanks! This was taken with a 16-35mm on a 5D, no fisheye. Just remember to watch the road while you shoot away mwink.gif