CH39 - Judy's Weather

judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
edited May 30, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
So I live in Southern California... the weather is always the same..

What do you think? Are they challenge worthy? Which do you think is better? Are there improvements?

1) Clear Blue Sky
22550112-M.jpg

2) Sunny with a patch of fog rolling in

22550111-M.jpg

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    I think the moon is a good idea, but I think you need something in the foreground, like Andy did to show the sky. Try shooting through something up to the sky, showing the moon.

That is what I would do.

All photographs are challenge worthy IMO. Nice photographs.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 20, 2005
    Hey Judy - nice shots and welcome to dGrin. Nice to have another SoCal'er among us. Where are you based?

OOPS! I see you're not so new... Sept 2004? ne_nau.gif
  • judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    Hi Angelo,

I stopped posting for a couple of months - was a little busy... The last couple of weeks I got time again to take some pictures. :): I live in Santa Barbara. How about you?-judy
    Angelo wrote:
    Hey Judy - nice shots and welcome to dGrin. Nice to have another SoCal'er among us. Where are you based?

OOPS! I see you're not so new... Sept 2004? ne_nau.gif
    edited May 20, 2005
    judyfuess wrote:
    Hi Angelo,

I stopped posting for a couple of months - was a little busy... The last couple of weeks I got time again to take some pictures. :): I live in Santa Barbara. How about you?-judy
    Hollywood here. Santa Barbara huh? gives me some ideas for a shoot out! :D
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2005
    My cousin lives in Orange, I just got back from spending the last 5 days with her, heh.

Not sure if I can get out to CA again anytime soon, but a Southern California photo shoot would be *gorgeous*, I had so much fun taking pictures all week there, and since they're within the time frame, I might even enter one into this challenge ^_^
    edited May 21, 2005
    Shima wrote:
    My cousin lives in Orange, I just got back from spending the last 5 days with her, heh.

Not sure if I can get out to CA again anytime soon, but a Southern California photo shoot would be *gorgeous*, I had so much fun taking pictures all week there, and since they're within the time frame, I might even enter one into this challenge ^_^
    I saw your Santa Monica shots and they were nice. Hope you had a great visit.
    edited May 21, 2005
    Can't wait to see the shots you took!!

Shima wrote:

edited May 21, 2005
    Hi Ginger,

I will see what I can find for more moon pics :)

Here is another one that I shot the same day as the first two... I was thinking that they may have too much sky in them. What do you think? Do you like them better than the orignal two? If so, does the framed one look better?

Unframed - clear blue sky version 2
    22660756-M.jpg

framed - clear blue sky version 2

22660757-M.jpg
    edited May 21, 2005
    The grass helps. I don't know about all the blue sky. Some like frames, some don't. And both sides are polarized in their views. No grey areas, right or wrong, etc.

I like the photo. I just think of Andy's photos, all the skys are heavily framed by something.

ginger (I know nothing. I cannot make the finals unless someone tells me what to enter. And that someone needs to be voting. I give up, and I just like my gator. For you, I don't know, except by looking at Andy's examples. A problem with that being, I did that last time, too.)
    edited May 21, 2005
    Hi Ginger,

Thanks for the comments, I that you are right.. I can find something better. I will be gone all week (going to Europe) ... so hopefully I will find something there and not be too exhausted when I get back to add it to the challenge.

I have another version of the framed picture... I think I will put this one in the challenge for now.

-Judy
    22691471-M.jpg
    edited May 21, 2005
    Judy, I really like that. I saw it in the challenge, and I loved the nice clean lines. I could see better the grass had flowers. Pretty.

have fun in Europe!

ginger
    edited May 28, 2005
    Just got back from Sweden. I took this one in Stockholm. do you like this one better than the moon pictures?

Partly Cloudy
    23264138-M.jpg
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    I like it better than the moon ones, more weather going on.
    judyfuess wrote:
    Just got back from Sweden. I took this one in Stockholm. do you like this one better than the moon pictures?

Partly Cloudy
    edited May 28, 2005
    Here's another one...

partly cloudy, clearing in the evening....

23275012-M.jpg

also, a B&W version..
    23275739-M.jpg
    edited May 28, 2005
    I modified the last picture a little, Got a little more color in the buildings.
    23298709-M.jpg

Do you prefer any of these over the moon shots? Which of all the picture apply most to the theme?
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    judyfuess wrote:

Do you prefer any of these over the moon shots? Which of all the picture apply most to the theme?
    I like it. It's a beautiful day. That's weather.

Bear
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    This last version in color looks the best to me. The clouds in the sky give it that "extra" touch.

Erich
    edited May 30, 2005
    Thank you for the comments!! I unfortunately did not make it back home in time to change things out..
    erich6 wrote:
    This last version in color looks the best to me. The clouds in the sky give it that "extra" touch.

Erich