Little Brother..

scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
edited January 20, 2009 in Landscapes
I'd actually title this BIG Brother but that's had a different meaning since 1984. :D

I've seen this for many years as I've whizzed past on my way up to the Mt Baker Ski Area but never stopped to snap a photo. I noticed the frost on the smaller tree so I decided to stop and hike the 0.5 mile back to the location:

458025718_kBfvs-L.jpg

I thought the frost might had some more interest but I now think it distracts and obscures some of the reasons why this little scene has peaked my interest for this whole time. I plan on re-shooting this once the snow melts (and perhaps gets a bit of sunlight).

On the same day, but at a different location, I took some other shots of frost in a sheltered area:

458025771_dfkr5-L.jpg

458025393_zQsss-L.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Why, what happened in 1984? :D

I like "little brother" as a title better anyway, it's easier to root for the little guy!

I think that frost would look great with a macro lens.
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Thanks, Ron.

These were taken with my 18-55 kit lens which doesn't have macro. My only macro lens is a Sigma 70-300 and I just shelved it for a new 50-300 (but no macro :cry ). The Sigma is a 90s lens that's manual focus and it's frustrated me a bit more than helped me so that's the reason for the change.

The frost shots wouldn't have been possible with it anyways since the branches themselves were almost at waist to chest level (on a slope nonetheless!). Still, I hope to add macro back into the arsenal in the future..