City Hall Night Shot

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 20, 2009 in Landscapes
This is Pasadena City Hall. Absolutely beautiful building. I exposed for the sky... is it too dark?

BTW, is that venus in the left corner of the sky?

10 sec @ f/16
ISO 100
D300 w Tokina 11-16mm, taken at 11mm
Slight crop in post and removal of dust blob in sky

458119782_WanWY-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Nope, I think the exposure is spot on, nice building, love the stars on the lights in front. I also like the center/symmetrical composition (I think it works on these Greek style buildings).

As for Venus, I don't know, but if I had taken that photo with my camera Venus would have been occupied by a rather large and annoying dust spot :D
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Very nice. I fell like I'm standing right in front of itclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • fjf511fjf511 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifAwesome job!! Your were able to capture a beautiful building with great lighting
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Wow! Beautiful shot and exposing for the sky was a great move. I love the colors and the pools of light here. Great job thumb.gif
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Marvelous shot.thumb.gif I'm a sucker for that blue sky.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Thanks guys. This is only my second time shooting at night so I was very happy with the results. I am finding that I really enjoy night shooting.

I'm going to Vegas in a couple of weeks so I really hope to get more practice there and end up with some cool night shots of the strip.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site